Pottermore / MyHogwarts

Options
poorcopies
poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
Is anyone in the BETA for either of these?

I'm in both, (if you want to add me, I'm KeySeeker19 on Pottermore and MissRawk on MyHogwarts)

If you are, wdo you think? I love the details you can find out on Pottermore but I don't think it's lived up to it's hype, there is nothing to do in MyHogwarts but as soon as classes open I have a feeling it is going to be amazing! So excited to start classes!

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    role-playing games?
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Nope, Pottermore was started by JK Rowling and lets you work through the books discovering back storys from the characters, but you get sorted (in an actual test she devised, so basically, the most accurate sorting out there!) and you can brew potions etc for house points.

MyHogwarts is fan started and more like social networking for Harry Potter, but they have devised lesson plans for all the subjects at Hogwarts and you will actually be able to take the classes, each school term will be six months. Sounds so much fun!
  • kap89
    kap89 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am on pottermore and i cant say i really love it or anything. it is kind of boring besides the scavenger hunt part. i was really excited about the sorting but i felt the quiz was too short and the questions were a little strange, like left or right? so anyways. its meh

idk what myhogwarts is..is it created by the people of mugglenet?
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    These sound like great creative ideas. I just completed reading the entire series OUT LOUD to my boys. It took years but has been so worth it. I hope they read them on their own later because the social commentary and some of the humor may have been over their heads (at least for the 7 yr old).
  • QueenKatherineElizabeth
    Options
    I'm not on pottermore but I can't wait to be. I seen that it opens up in early April so I have been checking everyday to see if it is open to the public yet.
  • RunnerSuzen
    RunnerSuzen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am beta in Pottermore (Griffyndor - DraconisProphecy76) but could not get into MyHogwarts beta.
    Pottermore is not bad, but it has been so long since there has been anything new...
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm one Pottermore. It's been a little disappointing and I haven't logged on for a while. I know it's Beta, but it was annoying to try to do potions because it was not correctly working for me. I burned through like 3 cauldrons because things weren't working correctly, and then I had to go and waste galleons to buy a new cauldron each time when it wasn't even because I hadn't done the potion correctly. It would be nice if the rest of the site was completed, I just got bored. Plus I don't really interact on there, just doesn't work for me.

I did find the sorting interesting (I got into Gryffindor, and I liked the wand I got, too). I read that it's supposed to be pretty accurate, according to Rowling - meaning that she has an idea about what House she thinks people she knows/has met should be in and based on the test they would usually be placed in that House.
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have tried to get into Pottermore but since I didn't make it into beta I gotta wait. Had never heard of MyHogwarts until but I might see if I can check it out.
  • p0tt3rgl33k
    p0tt3rgl33k Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am part of both

Pottermore: PatronusDragon101
    myHogwarts: BellatrixRose

Find me if you want. Slytherin House on Both! :)