I need some vegan friends

Options
jennys11
jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
I've been vegan for over a year now and love it! I'm looking for vegan friends on MFP. Ones that are trying to lose weight. I want to lose 40lbs. I'm also sick of people saying, "You're vegan. I'm surprised, you're not skinny" - great thanks. I'm not vegan to be skinny, jerk. Anyway, vegan friends needed here!

Replies

• tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just added you!
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm not losing a LOT of weight, but I am trying to lose a little. I watch what I eat (aside from also being vegan).
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend too because I get the same feedback alot from people( you're vegan you should be skinny...) I have about 70 pounds to loose myself.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have come across a lot of people that think a vegan diet consists of a "birdfood diet". Like really???? There are so many other options out there besides meat and dairy products!! I wish people would open their minds a little bit more and realize just because someone doesn't eat animal products means all they eat are nuts and grains. Feel free to add me to I need more vegan friends ;)
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'll friend you too! I need some more friends. I just keep getting yelled at on message boards and it makes me sad :(
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm new to being vegan (like really new) but if you want to add me that's cool - I'll no doubt need advice. I've been on MFP for a while now... trying to lose weight haha. Also this is a total lifestyle change for me, which is a challenge in itself.

Good to see you on here!

Heather :)
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me toooo! More Vegan Friends Pleeeease?? Need more food inspiration for meals! LOL
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    people that think a vegan diet consists of a "birdfood diet

The people I know call it rabbit food

Haha same - everyone I know calls it rabbit food. Funny, I've never seen a rabbit chow down on tofu and babaghanoush :laugh:
  • kelli372
    kelli372 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too, please! I'm new to MFP...and only been Vegan for a couple months. :)
  • mommaof9
    mommaof9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as there friend!!! I agree it is vital to have friends on here that share the same eating habits as you. I have only been a vegan for 3 months now but I have to say it has been the best 3 months of my life when it has come to food. was always afraid of trying it cause of all the negativness around it but someone chalenged me and I have never felt better and went off the diet for a week but not way off and I was so sick and my tummy hurt and put on 5 pounds :(. the book "eat to live" has changed my life and the movie "food inc." MOre the friends the merrier.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Please feel free to friend me too. I've been vegetarian for almost a year, and I started eating vegan a week and a half ago. :)
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of transitioning to vegetarian to vegan so I'd love some friends, too. :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Just started going vegan about two months ago.
  • adamcrisis
    adamcrisis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    always looking for friends
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am also transitioning from vegetarian (25+years) to vegan. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • adeetz
    adeetz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me too! I have been began for a couple months and am loving it!
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest: I have great intentions, but sometimes life gets in the way and I only log onto MFP to log my stuff, disappearing from my friends' lives for a week or so. Still, I do my best to keep track of folks and offer support when I see a need. So, if you're okay with that, feel free to add me.

Either way, good luck!
  • Dj3324
    Dj3324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I can use some vegan friends for support too.