my intro

Options
Hi my name is Katie. I'm a single mom of a 9 year old daughter. I have been on the weight loss journey since 1996. I weighed a whopping 250 pounds. I had my share of ups and downs but have stayed strong just keep trying. I undereat in calories have battled that for a very long time. I am now 5"4 inches tall and 208 pounds. my goal is to be between 125-135 pounds. I am also a bible college freshman where I want to be a youth minister but in small group form for teen girls and young adult ladies that struggle with abuse, low self esteem and eating disorders like I have.

Replies

• Jelio13
    Jelio13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie, I'm also 5'4" and struggle for a while with my weight. When I lost my job as Church Secretary because of a Church Split I was sad and wasn't as active and gained 25 lbs. in the last year and a half! That concerned me also my doctor said my Cholesterol was way too high. So decided I really needed to make some life changes. This is an amazing website, MFP. This
    is the first time in years that I have been able to lose it and keep it off. I think you will be a great counselor to young women because you have been there and they can tell you are sincere. I know with God's help I can continue to make good choices with
    my eating and exercising, thanks for the friendship, I will try to be an encouragement to you! Jelio13 Jennifer