ARM FAT ruins the beautiful bride effect

Options
persilcolours
persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
Let's be honest -- this is what can kill a great, strappy or strapless wedding dress.

How are sufferers combating this??

I only do cardio...and any advice on flabby arms, and the overhang where the dress meets the flesh would be so greatly appreciated!

Replies

• hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've currently been doing at home workout videos and have started adding 3 lb weights to the arm movements. I find that it adds just enough to the workout that I feel my arms ALOT now.
  • Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've really started doing more strength training along with my cardio to try and tone up the areas that will be sticking out of a dress! I really don't want back-fat or arm-fat sticking out of my beautiful strapless dress!
  • gorda1981
    Options
    Hi! I have the same problem. I've tried Ultracavitation. It doesn't work. Don't spent your money on that!
    I'm doing two things : boxing movements with 2 kg weights and adding a small piece of a beautiful fabric to my dress. It's a very delicated fabric that covers a part of my shoulders and part of my art. It's like a small sleeve but made of lace ( we called it Encaje in spanish)
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I went to a boot camp class this morning and It seemed like everything we did was in plank position. I hated it, but I bet my shoulders will look great if I keep it up. I do videos at home with 5lb weights. I'm starting to get back tone that I'd lost last year. I definitely don't want arm flab detracting from the day I should look/feel most beautiful. I'm also practicing standing without my arms pressing against my body, since that spreads out the flab, and looking at other photos of myself so figure out best angles.
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been weight training at least two times a week for the past month, and I can already see improvement :happy:
  • march26baby
    Options
    This is my biggest concern. Being overweight is bad enough for a wedding but I have fat arms that Ive always hated. Im wondering if the shake weight helps with that area. Anyone know? If not, what really works with great results?
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about this, too. I've recently started doing most of my cardio on a rowing machine (erg). It's supposed to be great for the entire upper body and I can certainly feel the burn in my arms, so I'm hoping this does the trick. I hate lifting weights but if the rowing doesn't do it I'm going to have to.
  • mrsgant
    mrsgant Posts: 5
    Options
    I am so worried about this too! even if a bride has a great figure and a tiny waist that little extra around the arms really ruins it! lifting weights will help though! i'm actually planning on buying some weights this weekend for this exact reason!!
  • el_gets_thin
    Options
    If you want toned arms without looking to muscular, stick to low weights, or my favorite is "lady press ups" so pressups but on your knees, you can vary the positiion of your arms to tone different areas of your arms, it really does work and is not too difficult. your body needs to be straight but the weight on your knees not feet. hope this helps ladies!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about this, too! Definitely going to try to tone up some before the wedding. I have weighted gloves that I use for Turbo Jam.

A friend of mine got married a few weeks ago and I was in her wedding. One of the other girls in the wedding was also overweight and had arm fat. She did the neatest little trick that I wish she'd shared with me BEFORE the ceremony. She kinda tucked her arm fat under her arm. I don't really think I could do it, maybe I don't have as much as she did.
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi

I got married in February, (abroad) and have a party here in 3 weeks to celebrate - and I'm with you 100% on the arm fat! I got my best results by doing lots of weight exercises, as heavy as I could manage, and my secret weapon was an 8kg kettlebell which just seemed to have magic results everywhere!!

BUT, and this is really really important. On the day you WILL NOT CARE. You will have the best day of your life regardless of the size of your arms/belly/whatever. What you WILL care about is your photos so start googling how to stand to look your very best! The photographer we have booked for the party has shown me lots of tricks like leaning forward slightly and holding my arms away from my body with a slight bend. We tried them out at my test shoot and my arms look 100 times better when I stand well!!

So yes, do lots of work and look the best you possibly can, but do not worry too much do not let it spoil your preparation time, and rock your photos!!

Jo