What Do You Ride?

Options
babytis
babytis Posts: 324 Member
I've been saving money to buy my next bike. I'd like to know what you ride.....

I currently ride a TREK 2010 2.1 Road Bike, but soon I'll be the proud owner of something CARDON FIBER :) Yay!!

Thanks,
:heart: Jenny

Replies

• 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

'08 Trek Madone 4.7 (my baby)
    '11 Giant TCX1 (my foul weather bike)

Hopefully a '12 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL4 (doubt it though)
  • boubouba
    boubouba Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a somec i carbon fiber, It's a good darling in black. First ride for the season yesterday, 67 km in the spring sun :happy:
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Mine is a puegot triathalon from 1987... hopefully getting a better bike soon!!
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm very loyal to Cervelo. I currently have a Cervelo RS. Designed after the R series. It's soooo light, quick, stiff in the turns. Outstanding components. Getting fit to a bike necessitates a few considerations, like torso length, legs to torso composition. If a Cervelo doesn't fit you, a Scott will.
  • bassnutter
    bassnutter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My baby at the minute is a Boardman Hybrid Comp, very light and quick, even this fat 40 year old can get a very good turn of speed from it!!!!! Although she is a Hybrid it has road wheels, road frame, and road gearing but with disc brakes and flat bars, it has just over 4000 miles under it's wheels and is a great "do it all" bike...if money was no object then it would have to be a Boardman Carbon road bike...perhaps if i save all the money i was spending on junk food then that could be my reward for all the effort put in. Nice retro Peugeot by the way.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    Just added another bike to the fleet, Now I am riding a 2012 Kona Zing Deluxe, as well I have a 2008 Specialized Hardrock Comp, and an Electra Townie 8.

I am actually having to get rid of a car to store them because my wife has as many as me.....
  • bethlikesbikes
    Options
    I have several bikes, but primarily ride a Cannondale Synapse (Hi Mod full carbon) with carbon tubulars.
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm very loyal to Cervelo. I currently have a Cervelo RS. Designed after the R series. It's soooo light, quick, stiff in the turns. Outstanding components. Getting fit to a bike necessitates a few considerations, like torso length, legs to torso composition. If a Cervelo doesn't fit you, a Scott will.

Ive always liked Cervelo's.....I really like the Cervelo S5. I want to give one a test ride before my decision is made:)
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    drooling over bikes... lol. But honestly, I'm like 700 miles into the last two weeks... and my good old steel frame bike is so comfortable! However, I'm working towards collegiate A's / cat 2 this summer, and I think I'd be laughed out of the race with downtube shifters...
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you wont if you drop those fools. you know the saying its not the bike its the motor.... ride smart and let the hammerfest begin.
  • sherrykwilk
    sherrykwilk Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there! Me too! I have a Trek 1.5 and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my backordered Scott Contessa Foil! Hoping I might gain 0.5 mph in speed on a more aerodynamic bike!
  • Bike2BFit
    Bike2BFit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cannondale Synapse 6, full carbon....I love it too!!
  • kalel1965
    kalel1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ride a GMC Denali bike. It was all I could afford at the time when I needed a new bike. It may not cost the thousands that other bikes do, but it has over 1,500 miles on it over the past two years and has only needed a tune up. I baby this bike and I love riding it. Sure, I would love a carbon fiber beauty, but I will stick with this old bike for right now.
  • FoxCycle
    Options
    I ride an Argon 18 Helium Carbon frame (2010), Custom built with SRAM Red Groupset, Fulcrum 1 wheels,

Cobra (Profile design) bars,
    fi 'zi:k Antares vs Saddle,
    Look Carbon seatpost.

I picked the more comfort Geometry of the Argon Road bike range at the time. The longest distance covered has been 200 miles for a 300k Audax, which proved it. Although I have a Customised Van Nicholas 'Yukon' for touring and long distance rides. Will use that for longer distances.
  • mickynieuwoudt
    mickynieuwoudt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Black and orange Fondriest TF 31.2 - my dream bike!
  • ButterSlinky77
    Options
    I have a Carrera Subway (hybrid) which I have been upgrading for speed and comfort. Would love to invest in a road bike too, but tha will have to wait for now.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My summer bike is an alloy Dave Hinde E'tape Sport frame on a Ultegra/105 groupset mix.

My winter bike is a Schwinn Super Sport Hybrid which I have just rescued from neglet.

Sometime in the future I will either upgrade my summer frame to some sort of Carbon or get the bike that's in my ticker, that's probably my ultimate reward.

Happy riding folks! :bigsmile:
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Here's my winter ride... Rescued from someone at work who'd just left it to rot...

8427359267_549d93e986.jpg
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Giant 29 er. I am well over 100lb overweight coming back to cycling with injuries, so I wanted something very safe and rugged and stable on the road. I love it. Love it, love it, love it. I set up upright handlebars with an extended neck for a pretty upright position. I use it to commute as well as train, so I have a system for y laptop and business materials, as well as makeup! I have only ever had road bikes, so being on mountain bike tyres is so different. I can ride over or through anything.
  • twallace2003
    twallace2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Howdy all. New here. I just replaced my Walmart Next Mtn POS 100 lb special "chain MIGHT stay on" (to which I was riding the crud out of on the road...makes for killer legs) with a 2013 Gravity Avenue C, black. It's about 1,000,000 lbs lighter, super skinny tires and about 50 mph faster. Ok, for real, it's a great change. I now have a bike that is built for what I want and didn't break the bank. I'm at the third ride in as of yesterday and I'm still getting used to it. :) Great to find a cool cycle group.