What dance?

nu2012
nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
What type of dance you guys do? Any favorite dance workouts?

Replies

• VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    I usually do Tiffany Rothe dance workouts on youtube... they are aerobic dancing but really great for the waist! Super excited to be apart of this group :)
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    I was trawling the groups looking for a challenge to keep me motivated to exercise and this sounds perfect!

My brother just bought me Zumba for the Wii so I'll be giving this a go!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    I got Zumba Kinect for Christmas and have yet to try it! What a great challenge!
  • lintern827
    lintern827 Posts: 6 Member
    :bigsmile: I got a zumba 2 for the xbox kinect and have done it the last 2 days and I just LOVE it!! A lil challenging at first but once you get the hang of it and start sweating you really feel the calories coming off!!! I plan on doing it every day monday thru friday for 60 mins!!
  • trish2dope
    trish2dope Posts: 42 Member
    I'm glad you guys are excited about this challenge!! Can't wait to start!! I got a collection of dance off the inches DVDs and Zumba DVDs and games. But I do wanna try some routines from YouTube. :D
  • nu2012
    nu2012 Posts: 562 Member
    Well I love zumba, belly dancing , bhangra and hip hop :-)
    Once I got a masala bhangra DVD from library,it was fun! I also tried shaun T's something once and it was a killer.
    Belly dancing is so hard on the abs!

Btw, has anyone tried zumba toning? I think it's awesome.Zumba with weights.The instructor told me that there is something like aqua zumba too...must be fun right?

Trish, why don't you share the routines and whoever wants it can do the same routine that day. Dancing together, huh? :-) I personally would find it fun.

This is a great routine, at least I like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJpvv5lwEjw
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    i"ll be doing my favorite songs from the zumba fitness 2, Just dance 2 & 3, and Free Style to my own favorite songs. i can dance around the house all day!

Current Favorite song to dance to Drive by-Train :)
  • Brooke_C87
    Brooke_C87 Posts: 9 Member
    So glad I found this group. I just got ZUmba Fitness Rush for the Kinect and broke a sweat in the first 2 songs lol best thing ever. Just to mix it up a little, I'm going to play Just Dance 3 and Dance Central 2 (seriously my first love). Can't wait to see how this goes!
  • diane68
    diane68 Posts: 43 Member
    I've just joined!

I love zumba 2 for the wii and just bought just dance 3 which I've been doing it on the sweatmode and it' s really effective.

I plan to alternate so I don't get bored. Any other suggestions for the wii or dvd's would be much appreciated.

Good luck everyone.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    So glad I found this group! I love Zumba and all dancing! What a great Idea!
  • trish2dope
    trish2dope Posts: 42 Member
    Ordered two new dance videos: * Dance Off the Inches: Dance It Off and Firm Up! and * Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners: Hula Abs & Buns. I'm excited to try the Island girl, I watched a routine on YouTube and it looked awesome! And this girl is ripped!!
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,597 Member
    I just started dancing again. I do ballet, tap, contemporary, hip hop, and burlesque... and I LOVE IT!! I've seen such huge improvements in my muscle tone, flexibility, etc. I also have the zumba for the wii, just haven't gotten around to using it yet. I do love the just dance series though! I also love the nyc ballet dvd and I just ordered some more dvds, I'll post how they are once I do them.
  • I'm in love with Zumba Xbox kinect. It gets me sweating and working hard. I plan on doing it for a minimum of 60minutes per day
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Zumba will definitely be my thing I just got back into going to classes 5days a week.