Losing weight with P90X2

Just a quick run down on me. I weighed 260 pounds about 8 years ago when I found the motivation to lose it. I lost 105 pounds in about a year and a half. At that point I felt that I was too thin and did not even look healthy so I put about 10 more ponds back on. Soon after that I was hired by my local fire department and I have been able to maintain my weight within about 15 pounds since then. I have done P90x twice, Insanity and now I only have 2 weeks left of P90X2. Here is my issue. I have been doing great on P90X2 and I love it. My goal all along has been to find my six pack. As I am starting to see my six pack develop I am still losing weight and now I am getting to the weight I don't want to be at again. I have increased the amount of calories that I eat as of a couple of weeks ago and I am still losing. I have set my calorie goal at 2700 but by the time I burn as many calories as I do I'm still losing. Should I be going off net calories and eating my exercise calories back? Any help would be great. I just want a six pack and not to lose more weight.

Thanks

Replies

• One other thing. I am not doing the P90x2 nutrition guide totally. I am following their recommendations of 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    How fast are you losing weight? If you're more than 2 lbs/week you should definitely start increasing your intake.

That being said, if you want a 6-pack you need to be about 10% body fat or less. Have you been tested? Don't trust those Tanita scales or other impedance devices, you will need good calipers or a professional analysis. You may find that your idea of how much weight is too little is not feasible with 10% body fat.