Age plus health problems

Options
the first topic I thought I would go with is who out there is like me that has so much weight to lose but has so many health problems that it limits much exercise. I have leukemia and take a daily cancer drug that has side effects that attack my joints which make it very difficult to do much exercising. Plus have feet problems due to scar tissue and can't hardly even hardley walk. Is there other people who have a simular battle where you must lose large amounts of weight but cannot do alot of the excersing required?

Replies

• vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    While I don't think my health problems compare with yours, I do have some challenges (asthma, fibromyalgia, back problems/nerve damage). I'm doing what I can with walking (as possible) and stationary bike - but it just kills me. Hoping to get the energy to do something more, but scared (and embarassed- the thought of exercising near/in front of others is horrifying!).
  • Its_All_Kung_Fu
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 52, and have a had 5 knee surgeries which has eliminated a lot of weight-bearing exercise...The bicycle has been my savior.
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to have issus with arthritis in my knees; also have bursitis in my hip. So I have to be very careful what intensity I work at. Right now I am limited due to plantar faciitis - but hopefully I'll be released to exercise again on Monday. I've been taking mild walks each day, but nothing major. We have an exercise room at our office, which has weights, etc. I just don't have time to use it (we have to dress out - can't wear street clothes). I don't have time to change in and out of my work clothes. So I have to figure something else out for weight training.
  • camper3568
    Options
    HI I am new to the group. I weigh 237 pounds and I have a muscle disorder called Myasthenia Gravis. The more I do the weaker I get. I am so afraid that one day I will weigh more if I dont do something
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    HI I am new to the group. I weigh 237 pounds and I have a muscle disorder called Myasthenia Gravis. The more I do the weaker I get. I am so afraid that one day I will weigh more if I dont do something

Welcome!
    Good for you staying active :)