I need help..

Options
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 boys, my youngest is 4 mnts and I fully breastfeed and he is eating 1 jar of stage 1 foods a day. My husband is 115lbs and hates eating healthy. So with him and the 3 kids i find myself eating like them. If i cook healthy they won't eat. They always want to eat out or get pizza. My self control is not that stong. I got a membership to the gym for valentines day and i haven't lost any weight. I also eat when i'm stressed and i have alot to be stressed about. Does any body have any suggestions or comments, I will try anything. I lost 100lbs after my 1st son but i took diet pills, then i gain 70lbs with #2 and lost most of it by the time he was 5mnts then i found out i was pregnant with #3. I used diet pills after #2 also. I lost my mother due to mixing alochol and pills so i don't ever want to put harmful meds in my body again. I want to live a long healthy life with my boys and i also want to try to breastfeed for 2 years. I think another problem with my weight gain is that in my mind i feel like i need to eat to make milk. I see when i go to the gym that my milk supply gets low and i feel i need to eat to keep it up. Help someone please!

Replies

• Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a stay at home mom too. Husband and I own a business so I work from home. My youngest is 6 months and I breast feed as well. I found an amazing group of nursing moms on here that are all committed to changing. I have lost 7.3 lbs. Since February and I am doing the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. First step is WANTING to change, you are obviously are there. Firstthings first, I assume you added all of your info to setup your profile. Start trying to stay with your calorie requirements and make sure to add breastfeeding in as you will get 500 more calories per day. You will find that you have to make healthier choices if you want to eat more. Eating healthy is quite tasty when tou find things you like. Do not take diet pills if you are nursing. Your milk supply will be ginr if you eat your calorie requirements plus an extra five hundred calories. As far as your kids and husband, i can relaye. My husband consumes so much cococola he is keeping them in business. Pizza, hot peppers and oreos are his favorite foods. My oldest son started becoming overweight. I had to take a serious look in our cabinets and fridge and change things. I made little changes here and there that they didnt notice. If you
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Instill healthy habits in your children now they will not have to break bad habits down the road. You Do have the will power, you just have to use it! You CAN DO THIS. Feel free to add me if you would like to chat more! Good Luck!
  • tararaem
    tararaem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can you let your husband know that you feel like you have no willpower and require his help and support to remove junk food to reach your weight loss goals. When I verbalized my needs that way with my husband he was more than willing to help me.

Congrats to you for wanting to lose weight in a healthy manner and nurse your baby for 2 years! I made it almost to 2 years with my first and am almost 11 months in this time around.
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    I stay at home with our three boys and I'm EBF my 7 month old. I add "Breastfeeding, 1 minutew, 500 calories" as an exercise the night before to make sure I eat back those calories. Then I know where my limit is.

As for the husband, mine is overseas so I don't have to worry about him for a few more months. I hope you can get yours on board. My 7 year old tried to be picky and not eat when I started cooking with more veggies and more variety. I told him he could eat what I fixed or have peanut butter & jelly alone at the table after dinner. He doesn't like peanut butter & jelly all that much. I think he ate it one time when he didn't want what I fixed. That was 4 weeks ago and he hasn't done it since. He got used to what I'm fixing now and is happy to eat whatever he gets.
  • Caiden1Dani2
    Options
    Wow, your story sounds strikingly familiar. I have an 11mo and almost 3 year old (nursed to 18mo), and the 11mo still nurses 8-10 times a day. I've needed to ask my husband regularly to keep junk food away from me, and even away from the house, or I'll find it and stress-eat. I have been trying to make small changes, and I find some comfort in making just a little progress at a time. When eatting out, I force myself to choose something healthier than hubby. At restaurants, even healthy food is tasty. Pizza time means I get more veggies, and even add veggies either on it or on the side.

I feel your stress - and your struggle. You're not alone, and as I'm realizing, it does get easier. Try to get 20 minutes of you-time-cardio (even light) each day.

If you find your milk supply is dwindling, try FENUGREEK capsules. It is a safe, natural herb that boosts milk production. You don't need to take it for long (a few days), and there are lots of studies on it that prove its effectiveness and its safety. You can find it at any health food store, and often at pharmacies. It really is an incredible herb for boosting milk production. I took it with my first child when he didn't seem to be getting enough (around 6 months), and again later in his growth, and I took it once with my second child.

Good luck. You sound like a thoughtful mom.
  • MamiLeigh
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I have talked to my husband and we made a plan that one of us will cook for him and the kids and i will cook my food or eat a frozen dinner. I have been doing it for a week and it is helping. We have also started taking the kids to ride their bikes at the park while i run or walk with them. This is great so my children get exercise also.
  • missfitp
    missfitp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can related with the hubby issue. Mine eats whatever he wants and due to his job right now he is loosing weight while I have to struggle. However I do try to cook at home so that were not tempted to eat out. I go for walks with my 3 month old every morning and make myself eat healthy. It does get easier if you truly committee and your taste buds get used to the healthy food. Add me if you wish as a friend, we can give each other encouragement.