Reaching Goals!

Options
twistytey
twistytey Posts: 7 Member
Hi ladies! This is the first time that I've been able to follow a weight loss plan for more than a week. I think partly because of this website & group, it has made me feel accountable to others which in turn is helping me stay on track. So, thank you for your support!

I have a few questions though....
1) Do you stay on your plan 7 days a week or do you stay "on" a specific number of days and "off" a specific number of days?
2) How often should I weigh myself? I was recently weighed at my last doctors appointment (March 2nd), and I haven't weighed myself since.

Thanks again! :]

Replies

• sarahmtly
    Options
    Hi Twisty :)
    I personally think that everyday should be an "on" day but theres nothing wrong with a few treats now and then. This week Ive been really bad. Ive been keeping to my diet and exercise for 5 days but the two days I was off from work I kinda pigged out and now I have found that I have gained weight which I only have myself to blame for.
    The thing is, if I keep to my diet every single day without any treats I know I will get bored and give up so I think 1 treat a week is a good thing but dont go overboard like I did this week.
    As far as weighing is concerned I think every week or every fortnight is good, but thats just my own personal opinion.
    Good luck and well done for what you have achieved so far :)
  • twistytey
    Options
    Hi Sarahmtly

No worries, we all slip up now and then and it's OK. Don't beat yourself up over it, just tell yourself you will do a better job with your next meal. What are your treats? I have no problem saying no to cookies, cake, ice cream, my downfall is cheese/dairy!

I think you're right about keeping everyday an "on" day but with a few treats now and then. Thank you for the advice, I'm going to use it. I've been doing a pretty good job at tracking my food and exercise so far, and the day that I considered to be somewhat bad, wasn't bad at all, phew!

It may help us to keep some sort of reminder of our goal-- to give ourselves a little nudge now and then. Remember those reasons for going on a healthy diet. Write those reasons down on a small note card and tuck that card into your purse, hang it on the frig, keep it somewhere visible at your workplace. We may not see it every day, but we will find it often enough to remind us about why we're are watching your diet. :D
  • twistytey
    Options
    One more question, I need a healthier / better option for coffee creamer. Suggestions?
  • kshilliard
    kshilliard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I noticed one of your questions was about how often you should weigh yourself. I weigh myself once a week on Thursdays. That way I know exactly where I'm at every week and it helps to see my progress. Sometimes I have a gain and that's Ok. Most of the time it's due to TOM or bloating. What kind of creamer do you use?