Theories? *SPOILERS*

I heard a really interesting theory, that I cannot keep to myself. So if you're not caught up to with "Dance with Dragons," READ NO FURTHER!

Okay, so someone told me that they thought Tyrion was a Targaryen because Tywin keeps saying "you're not my son" and treats him like ****, Aerys apparently took liberties with Joanna on the undressing of the bride on Joanna and Tywin's wedding night (I don't remember which book I read that in...shows maybe attraction that Aerys had for Joanna), and how Tyrion was born with a tail and malformed, much like the dragons that they tried to hatch.

Then I read a much more interesting theory that claims that Jaimie and Cersei were Targs because of their propensity for incest, Cersei's madness in ruling and her interest in fire, the poetic tragedy of Jaimie having killed his father (the Mad King).

I don't know what to make of either theory, except it's too fascinating to deal with.

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Hmm... very interesting!

I seriously can't wait for the next book! Do any of you know when that will be? Sometime this decade? lol
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Eh. Most people know that I think Jon is Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son. But the Tyrion thing is intriguing ...
  • Banannafish512
    Banannafish512 Posts: 87 Member
    Is it wrong that I hope Rheager and Lyanna fathered Jon? It seems entirely possible....but even if the fans guessed the theory, I can't wait to see GRRM flesh that theory out.

On an unrelated note, I wonder how Arya is going to get back to Westeros and in what capacity...
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,236 Member
    I heard a really interesting theory, that I cannot keep to myself. So if you're not caught up to with "Dance with Dragons," READ NO FURTHER!

Okay, so someone told me that they thought Tyrion was a Targaryen because Tywin keeps saying "you're not my son" and treats him like ****, Aerys apparently took liberties with Joanna on the undressing of the bride on Joanna and Tywin's wedding night (I don't remember which book I read that in...shows maybe attraction that Aerys had for Joanna), and how Tyrion was born with a tail and malformed, much like the dragons that they tried to hatch.

Then I read a much more interesting theory that claims that Jaimie and Cersei were Targs because of their propensity for incest, Cersei's madness in ruling and her interest in fire, the poetic tragedy of Jaimie having killed his father (the Mad King).

I don't know what to make of either theory, except it's too fascinating to deal with.

i think this would only be feasible if the mad king was having an affair with joanna.. and it is possible because she was with tywin at kings landing before the birth of tyrion.. i think that all three are.. which would indeed be interesting.. but then again not likely..

im thinking that his capacity is that tywin still has more skeletons in his closet that havent come out.. (think about being the most honest man cersei ever knew.. and he was nailing the *kitten*... which he hated.. yeah.. thats a clue!)
  • DarthCeltic
    Is it wrong that I hope Rheager and Lyanna fathered Jon? It seems entirely possible....but even if the fans guessed the theory, I can't wait to see GRRM flesh that theory out.

On an unrelated note, I wonder how Arya is going to get back to Westeros and in what capacity...

arya returns as a faceless WOman.. and becomes dany's chief assasin..
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    Eh. Most people know that I think Jon is Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son. But the Tyrion thing is intriguing ...

I agree with this theory. Jon seems far too important and Ned was being far too mysterious for Jon to just be a plain ole *kitten*.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member

arya returns as a faceless WOman.. and becomes dany's chief assasin..

Oooh!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    I've never heard this theory before but it is interesting. The only thing is I don't think Tywin would put up with the shame of having a dwarf son if he wasn't really his though.

And ya... I'm a little confused as to what Arya's path will be.
  • _HeathBar_
    Also, what are your thoughts on Jon. Is he really dead like the book implied?
  • DarthCeltic

no.. it wont be jon.. it will be some kind of switcheroo like with mace..
  • Banannafish512

I think he warged into Ghost. Or if not, Melisandre will pull some Rhllor magic and revive him. The whole stabbing did sound pretty lethal.
  • _HeathBar_

I think he warged into Ghost. Or if not, Melisandre will pull some Rhllor magic and revive him. The whole stabbing did sound pretty lethal.

Ya I think he warged into Ghost too, kinda like the guy in the prelude of the book (forgot his name)
  • Banannafish512
    I just heard another amazing theory about where Tysha is. SPOILERS, obviously!

I read that she might be the Sailor's wife, the *kitten* who only beds men she marries (and who Dareon "marries" before Sam rightfully punches him in the face). She has a blonde daughter named Lanna. Can it be that *kitten* go to Braavos?
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    I just heard another amazing theory about where Tysha is. SPOILERS, obviously!

I read that she might be the Sailor's wife, the *kitten* who only beds men she marries (and who Dareon "marries" before Sam rightfully punches him in the face). She has a blonde daughter named Lanna. Can it be that *kitten* go to Braavos?

Very interesting, I'll have to investigate further