Can't Beleive there are others like me

Options
NanaKK1234
NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
I swear I have always felt like the only person who had a weight issue and Crohn's. I was diagnosed 12 years ago, but have been off all meds for the last 2 years. I am still carrying around all the weight I gained on the steroids and it STINKS. Of course eating salads and some veggies and fruit just tear me up.

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've heard alot of nightmarish stories about the steroids, especially prednisone, and weight loss. I was lucky enough to avoid that the two times I have been on pred, but my weight sure as hell fluctuated alot both times.
  • tek254
    tek254 Posts: 10
    Options
    I know how you feel , The first time I was on Pred I felt great but was worried of the side effects. Second time I was on it, it had the exact opposite effect. I have been med free for three months and have been doing well until today. TO bed I go. Best of luck. If you hadvent tried it, try juicing. I live on this stuff when sick.
  • cutiehootie24
    cutiehootie24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking when I was diagnosed with Crohn's was that the UPSIDE of it was that I would always be as skinny as I was when I got sick (down to 115 from 165). HA! I was...until I had surgery to remove the diseased part of my colon, and then...magically, as quickly as I became skinny, I was fat again!!! Oh, well...I'd rather be plump than as sick as I was at 115! However, I recognize that my eating habits are not healthy and that I feel awful if I don't exercise, and that I would *feel* better at a lower weight.