C25K

Options
Has anyone else here done this program, or have plans to start it?

I've attempted it before but wasn't very dedicated and only got a few weeks in. I'm starting again this week in conjuction with the 30DS and hopefully I'll convince myself to enjoy running somewhere along the way!

Replies

• Shines01
    Shines01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know what 30DS is what is C25K?
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    It's a walk to run interval program with a goal of taking a non-runner "couch potato" to someone able to run 5k in nine weeks.

Here's a site for more info: http://www.c25k.com
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am!! I started about 2.5 weeks ago! So I am in week 3 right now :)
    So far, so good!
    It has worked a lot better for me than just going out and trying to run becuase I almost always end up with shin splints if I don't have a well spaced plan :\
    So far my motivation has been thinking about how amazing it would feel to be able to run 5k! And to be able to do it without dying in the process!!
    And then there is always getting in shape :) I figure I have to work out anyways, it might as well be this :)
  • BrittanyFordham
    Options
    I just started yesterday! Some of my friends on mfp have lost several inches after only a few weeks! I'm hoping to have those same results!
  • iwonajakubiak
    iwonajakubiak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    great idea! especially that on the 1st July I'm running 5K for Cancer Research... will start tomorrow with my dog... she needs to loose few pounds as well!