Vegan Beer? Vegan Wine? Look no further the list is here!

Options
JasonSwetland
JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
My Daughter who is Vegan and nearing drinking age met me at a local establishment tonight for a beer. Well We had pizza and Tea. Afterwards I had a beer. While we were there she asked me what she could someday select for Beer, wine or mixed drinks, as she concerned about both the Vegan Nutrition and Vegan ethics of what she consumes. I knew my favorite beer in the universe is Surly who only recently got a centrifuge which allowed them to go Vegan (they used to use fish bladders as part of the fining process- no more), and so I told her they were safe- sadly I didnt have much knowledge as to who else is.

Until now:

http://www.barnivore.com/#

Barnivore has listings of Vegan friendly and Vegan unfriendly products listed at there website, broken down by Vegan nutrition and ethics. Their handy red (red is bad) and green (Green is good) coloring system will let you know if it is Vegan friendly- Nutritionaly Vegan. You can click on details and find out if companies have also been ethically Vegan.

Check out Jagermeister under the liqour section- Nutritionaly Vegan but since they sponser rodeos, you may object to using their product until they stop this practice. Or you may not. At least this is a forum to start figuring out what adult beverages you may enjoy and have a clear conscience.

They also list if the data has been double or triple checked, including the corporate response to inquiries by site users, and give you contact information if you want to quadruple check with the company yourself. They also have links where you can submit your own findings.

If you are an adult beverage drinker, and you are Vegan or working your way Vegan, check this site out. It may become an invaluable tool for you when deciding what kind of cocktail to have after 18 rounds of golf, a day of shopping, or sitting on the daquri deck on a beach of glistening white sands.

Replies

• PanzaDiaries
    Options
    Seriously? I can't believe you haven't gotten any marriage proposals for posting this.
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You're wondrous! Thanks for posting!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! thank you very much!! :)
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I use barnivore on my touchpad every time I go somewhere and have a beer. It allows me to try new beers I would otherwise skip.

Very helpful site.
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    So great to find out my favorite local brewery and beer is vegan friendly! Thanks for sharing, and if ya'll are ever in Texas, feel free to try Rahr & Sons beer. http://www.rahrbrewing.com/
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT! Thank you so much!!
  • adamcrisis
    adamcrisis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Barnivore is awesome
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great site! My favorite beer is also vegan friendy; Yuengling.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I can't believe you haven't gotten any marriage proposals for posting this.
    ^^This!