Introductions!

Options
MrsGoHard
MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
I figure we can all say hello and introduce ourselves here, our hopes and aspirations on our journeys, maybe make some new friends along the way.

Team Cute Fat Chix is the brainchild of one Miss Tifferzb1206 and myself and a few of our friends. We ended up bringing it here close to a month or so ago but we've been at it for a little while now. We have a youtube and facebook group (PLEASE JOIN THE FUN on FB and subscribe on YouTube!) We support each other, we talk about almost everything. We're all from different walks of live, but the core is important to us. WE WANNA BE HEALTHY. So TCFC is about support for our sisters, encouragement, accountability, and success. Big or small.

Of course the goal for all of us is to be HEALTHY first, and most of us want to lose weight or tone up, but it's important to us to be content in whatever state we're in. None of us gained weight over night, and none of us will lose it that fast either. So along the journey, we promote self love, acceptance, sisterhood, and the freedom that comes with it all.

Here, you can post whatever topic you'd like, according to the rules of MFP. Here, you can ask whatever question, suggest things that work or have worked for you - again, according to the rules of MFP. I'll start some threads where we can post specific subject matter to make it easier for everyone, but feel free to post when you wish. --- according to the rules and guidelines of MFP.

I'm Micah. I try to GO HARD at everything I put my mind to, hence the name MrsGoHard. I'm a stylist, and I talk alot. I don't have children yet so I have enough time to voice my opinions often. (lol) I love love LOVE the Lord. He's the reason for my extra pep in my step when it comes to losing weight, and you may often see me posting scripture or quoting it, or basing my blogs off of it or something I read. In saying that, keep in mind that those are MY views and do not represent the group. Also keep in mind that I'm not perfect. Some of these ladies have known me "when". I'm honest. I don't do pity parties. I will sit down with you at your lowest, but after we cry TOGETHER for so long, I'm going to try to pick you up. It's just the way I am. If you don't operate like that, PLEASE don't tell me your issues or leave your issues open for discussion where I'll see them because at my worst I can be a huge "problem solver". It's a thing that I've been since a kid and it isn't easy letting go of.

So that's the GROUP, and that's ME. Team Cute Fat Chix for LIFE loves. We get each other through.

Please tell us about you, invite a friend, and let's DO THIS.

Replies

• mgl8198
    mgl8198 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi my name is Michaela, im 23 and I just moved to Fayetteville, Nc a few weeks ago from Alabama. My weight is fluctuating at the moment so its between 194-192 and I am focused on getting to 154-145 or so because I am going to join the Airforce...and also because you should treat your body as a temple...I welcome and would love any type of advice, motivation, and etc. I look forward to hearing from you guys :-)
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Ashanti, I am from Texas currently living in Round Rock (North Austin) I am married have one child (8 yr old daughter) I am in the middle of facilitating a career shift in my life and I am trying to live want I know so that I can be taken seriously to teach what I have learned. I am looking to lose about 65 pounds or so and I plan to have that accomplished before the holiday season this year. My reward will be a new tattoo and some beautiful family pictures for once. I am natural (10 yrs strong now) and have finally gotten my family to stop asking "when are you gonna relax that stuff?" they now know this is me and I feel at my finest this way. I have a really big laugh and I laugh often. I've been called the "Sunny-side up friend" before because in general I'm the preson who says "well at least *insert positive remark here*" I'm starting the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution on Monday 3/19/2012 and plan to make this the first program that I complete from beginning to end, not self altering the workout selections, no taking a break for vacation, no excuses. If anyone else has it I would love the support of someone else completing it at the same time with me. If not, then watch me while I work and I'll share before and after later. :glasses:
  • AmoureInfinity
    AmoureInfinity Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm Tonya but a lot of people call me Amoure (or Amour...basically love). I adopted the name from one of my favorite movies and have been using it ever since. I also have been told it suits me and I can't argue with that; I'm a very loving individual. Which is why I want to lose weight. I adore my friends, family and even myself but I'm not proud of the condition I've allowed my body to get to and I want to change it. I think all the time about how folks will lend me things and I take great care of them but look what I've done to what God has let me borrow. But I know that I can do this and with Gods unending help I've already won!

Around 08 I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension but was told last year that they don't think I have it or if I did it's no more. I do still take medicine for it because they can't say whether I have it or not and would much rather me continue to take it. I think it's my weight but they don't although they say weight can contribute to a lot of it's symptoms it's not why I got it in the first place. I do find it a little more strenuous to work out but I'm a go getter and I push myself enough (taking rests and water breaks) to get at least 20mins in now. I tell myself every day that I've got this and God is there to back that up.
  • tifferzb1206
    tifferzb1206 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My name is Tiffanie. I'm 26 years old and currently living in Westchester Co. NY. I wouldn't say I've "struggled" with weight my whole life because I was honestly the jolly fat girl for many years, not ever thinking about how weight was affecting me. Whenever I thought about losing weight in the past it was always about being able to fit cute clothes because you know they used to let us chubby girls dress like grandmas before they started catering to us. It was rough shopping in the Avenue as a 12 year old.

I got serious about health in general a few years ago when my mother was diagnosed with Diabetes. I went to a nutritionist almost immediately after and she took blood and told me that I was pre-diabetic. The sad part about that is I wasn't surprised at all because I know what I was eating and how I was neglecting myself. So that day I decided that if nothing more I would at least change my eating habits and drink more water. When I lost about 25lbs from that, I decided to include exercise and now I'm around 50lbs from my peak weight. I have a long way to go and TCFC/MFP is a big help to keeping me accountable.

My major goals are to get into One-derland (under 200lbs) and to run a 5k. (And I can't lie and say I don't think about how much different I want to look at my HS reunion. I haven't lost all of my vanity lolll)
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey Divas! My name is Melissa and I currently reside in the DMV area. I am recently divorce (4-11-12) and have two children (Marquis 16 and London 11). They are my courage and strength to become healthier as I want to be around when they are adults. In 2009 I lost my mother to heart disease. Although she wasn't overweight, she never ate healthy and seldom exercised. After I spent the last few years eating my pain away - it occured to me that I didn't want my kids to feel the same pain I did being motherless at the age of 32! I put my but into action. I quit smoking 11-30-11. I began eating clean January, 2012 and I began an exercise regimen in February 2012. I have lost a total of 51 pounds thus far. However, I learned about MFP 30 pounds ago. I feel great! I can't explain my gratitude I have for the support of from all of you who I've never met, but share the same thing in common and that is to lose weight to become healthier. I must admit, I get angry and frustrated at times because I want that slice of pizza or some chicken wings! LOL - but I try to remain focused. I'm learning that it's not what we eat, it's the amount and how often. Being a daytime anorexic and night time binger shot me up to 420 pounds! I couldnt believe it! None of my friends believed it! Probably because I'm a fashionista and I knew what NOT to wear! LOL - I'm now 369 pounds and I know 150 is right around the corner! I have been fearful of loose skin, but I decided to live only for today and cross that bridge when and if I need to. I look forward to working and getting to know each and every one of you soon! Keep doing what your doing and don't allow anyone to still your joy and discourage you...........Like my son tells me "Shake them haters off Ma". LOL