Wrestling

Options
2»

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I think the Rock / Cena match was reallllllllllllllllllllllly weak. It was slow, Cena was holding back because Rock is in NO way in wrestling shape, and you could not only SEE, but HEAR them prompting each other for moves. Went on way way too long and after a year of having to hear about that over and over and feeling tortured by it, Im glad Ill never have to see that match again.

HHH/Taker was FAR better than last year and made mania worth the money as far as Im concerned. I was freaking out, but that's because "end of an era" means "end of my childhood".
    I really think Taker HAS to retire now. 20 is the perfect number, that's the perfect end, and supposedly his wife is pregnant.
    Loved seeing the 3 walk out together like that at the end. Beautiful, really.

CM Punk/Jericho match disappointed me a little. I hated that Team Johnny won and immediately they had to make a stipulation with it....which had to mess with my boy Punk =\
    BUT

did everyone catch this?
    tumblr_m1u4bpcxjn1r2ahfqo1_400.gif
    ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. Love that Jericho did that when Punk won. Rumors are that Jericho is leaving after this, too. Glad Punk won, glad to see that little friendly exchange.

I wanted to be mad at the 18 second Sheamus/Bryan match...but I couldn't. I was FAR too amused. It's too bad, tho, because as much as I hate Bryan he IS a very talented wrestler and so is Sheamus and I would've liked to see how it would've played out.

As far as Big Show/Cody Rhodes...didn't see Show finally getting his moment. Not for the intercontinental title of ALL things?! How would Cody have beaten him, tho, I guess.
    I think now that team Johnny has won and the Miz won it for em....Miz will eventually take that belt from Show.

Oh and I really wanted Kane to lose to Orton...just because I've grown tired of Kane. They're really reaching for storyline with Kane and they really need to give Orton more spotlight. Orton has the physique of a damn god and can wrestle pretty damn well. At least maybe Kane's win will make that rivalry die.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I know most people want UT to retire with the WM streak in tact. I personally would like to see it end with him retiring after that match. For storyline purposes, he's dead. We always hear wrestlers like HHH and Michaels tell you what has to be done to end the streak, so play it out that way. IMO I know with the PG era they would never do that.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I will have an absolute FIT if they don't retire Taker after this.

Like...I might cry if they don't retire him at this point.
    Tonight before Raw during the HOF Im hoping they announce it.
    Granted, I know they won't THAT soon.

They just haaaaave to though. As far as Im concerned it's over. My childhood died last night and I made peace with it.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I thought the majority of the matches on Sunday were poor. Yes, I caught Jericho scratching Punk's head - I was like, what's that?! :)

Yeah, we also caught the Rock and Cena prompting each other - there was a very clear "DDT" shortly before one of them DDT'd the other (I forget who, I was falling asleep by then as it was half three in the morning).

The Taker/HHH match last year was much better. Also, I wanted to see wrestling, not two guys hitting each other with chairs. I can watch old CZW dvds for that. I did like the look on the Taker's face when he put his foot on the sledgehammer. Oh no you don't HHH.

The Funkasaurus needs a heel turn, ditch the dancing gimmick and the dancing girls and just become a monster.

I also heard the dark match was a tag team championship match. Way to devalue your titles, WWE.
  • TheWinman
    Options
    I finally got my Brock Lesnar return at the end of RAW. All is good now. :)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I dont like Lesnar.

I do, however, like how the whole crowd seemed to have caught the news early like I had. hahahaha

Poor Cena. I actually felt bad for him...
    "I'd like to have Rock come out and congratulate...."
    "WE WANT LESNAR"
    "him on his win and"
    "WE WANT LESNAR"

I'm glad he finally thought to get them to go back to the YES chants...but man that had to suck for Cena. He always knows what to go with a rowdy crowd, but what do you do when the crowd knows what your big reveal is going to be??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nNhTzUNr9jM
    ^ That's Daniel Bryan coming out after the broadcast ended and addressing the crowd.
    As much as I love to hate Bryan, he's a damn good showman.

@Daisy - Punk and Jericho are buddies with huge respect outside the ring, I don't think the camera was supposed to catch the hair tousle ....or Jericho and Punk don't care what the camera catches haha.

I think Funkasaurus coming out on Raw was a good sign that maybe the gimmick is gonna die down and we're going to see him dance less and wrestle more.
    And as much and I hate Johnny, I really like where both Raw and Smackdown are going already.
    He's like a father who excitedly tells you "YOURE GETTING BOOSTER SHOTS!" and then right as the needle hits tells you hes taking you out for ice cream. (this is exactly how I said it to my bf last night)

If this is how it's going to be run....then I hate to say it but I won't miss Teddy much at all
  • TheWinman
    Options
    Yeah, that was pretty bad for Cena with the crowd knowing about Lesnar. I really miss the pre-internet days when wrestling promotions could actually keep stuff like this quiet and under wraps. I also knew before hand that Lesnar was going to appear, I can't imagine how I would have reacted if I had no idea. :)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    yea that is one thing I miss is all the mystery.

Like when "Lord Tensai" finally came out and my bf immediately looked into him and found out how long he's been in the business and his old aliases and such.

It's fun to know all this stuff, like knowing that Jericho and Punk are buddies or being able to follow these guys on Twitter or w/e....
    but the mystery was pretty damn cool
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Loved wrestling back in the day. I still remember Undertaker's debut in Survivor Series on Million Dollar Man's team. I loved that old format with the teams. I can't believe 20 some years later and Undertaker is still out there.

Fave wrestlers: Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Hitman Bret Hart.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I could only read about half the posts because I haven't watched Wrestlemania yet and I don't want it spoiled. I saw Undertake won, though, excellent.

I started watching WWF back in 99, don't know why, just got caught up in it. Then Wrestlemania X-7 was held in Houston, so I got to see that. It was all awesome except that it wasn't quite late enough in the day, and Jericho having the opening match, the lights going out for his entrance didn't work that well. I stopped watching it shortly after the Invasion storyline, then picked it back up when I heard WM25 was in Houston again. I stopped watching when Y2J left and started reading the results every week after I found out he returned.