What's your Workout of Choice?

Options
Thought I'd post a question to all those in this group. What is your preferred workout and/or routine?

I've just discovered that I LOVE running! I can usually get to the gym about 3 days a week and use the time to go for at least a 3 mile run. Then I'll get in some strength training exercises after- free weights, weight machines, etc.
If it's not a gym day, I'll usually get in a Kinect for XBox workout (I really like Your Shape Fitness) or a Jillian Michaels DVD.

How about you guys?

Replies

• mszebra
    Options
    I love running too. I did my first half marathon in October 2010, and I'm currently training for my second one in March.

I also love taking cardio/weight classes @ the gym, as well as using the elliptical.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I WISH I was like you ladies! I absolutely, positively, totally and completely HATE running. My dislike of it is becoming my new passion...I want to run, I know I need to increase my cardio and it will help me lose weight...but it's so hard for me.

I am doing interval training at a local gym. They actually target "athletes" and are an athletic training zone, so the workouts are intense. I started in February, going 2x a week and am now up to 4x a week. I've also started a modified couch to 5k program, but, did I already mention how much I hate running? :grumble:
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I'm currently doing Insanity! I LOVE it!
  • Toyya
    Toyya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For cardio I LOVE step, and urban rebounding. I run 1-2 times a week, play volleyball and do the occasional spinning class. For machines, I do the elliptical and stepper. I also strength train alot, which I like as well. Its more mentally challenging.

Where do all of you work out in Boston area?
  • Hopelessbird
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/boxercise

If only the classes are not so expensive.
  • mgriffinv
    Options
    I love love LOVE rowing and playing tennis for outdoor sports.

As for the gym, I'm mainly an elliptical man at the moment. Still too large to run on treadmills or outside, it's too hard on the knees.
    Usually I run for an hour or so on the elliptical (about 6.75-7 miles depending on how hard I run that day), then do some strength training. Now that spring is here I'm getting back on the erg to get back into gear for crew season! I can't wait to hit the water!
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I am new to the Boston group, but not new to MFP. Last summer/spring I got on to the road bike for the first time and it is now my workout of choice! In fact I take part in the Tri-State Trek, a charity bike ride for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) from Boston to New York (270 miles over 3 days) so, if anyone likes to ride or is interested in doing something for a great cause check out http://tst.als.net - also my team is always looking for new recruits!
  • DreaFitX
    DreaFitX Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Starting P90X tomorrow!!!!!