Having VSG and using MFP

Options
mrscewinters
mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
Ok, I am trying diligently to figure out how to use MFP to my best advantage. I have a nutritionist that reccomends 800-1000 cal per day with 60 grams of that being protein. She said if I was exercising I could bump those days to 200. I tend to loose weight over the weekend when I am not working out and I think I even eat less on the weekends. Any way I would like to know what others have found to work for us, since we can't follow the traditional guidelines.
Thanks!
:blushing:

Replies

• mrscewinters
    mrscewinters Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump??
  • DDFinn
    DDFinn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 7 weeks post op and I set my calorie goal at 700. I really try to stick to that. On days when I am just really hungry, I eat my extra calories I earned for exercise :)
  • souldancer2828
    Options
    Good morning, I'm happy to find some other VSG folks on here. I am almost 2 years out from surgery and struggling with hunger lately. I started exercising more regularly and this might have something to do with it but I feel like I'm hungry much faster than I used to be after eating.

I'm relatively new to MFP (definitely not a regular) but I feel like I need some support and accountability so I'm going to try and do a better job of tracking. I don't have a particular calorie goal because a lot of what I eat I make and I just don't have the patience to figure out all of the calories. Perhaps that's one of the problems!!

I would love to talk more with VSG patients- off to go search you out now!

Bettina
  • CollieDebbie
    CollieDebbie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Agree w/ you, Bettina. I would also like to know how to set MFP to reflect my surgeon's goals and keep myself on track. I am only 3 weeks out from surgery (see my post in Introduce Yourself) and want to set up MFP now to help stay on the program. I did some custom settings for 75 gms protein but I can't seem to get the carbs and fat in line.
  • Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    I am 8 months out. I set my calorie goal to 1,000 per day. I set my carbs at 30g perday and fat at 20 per day. I have really been struggling lately. The head stuff seems to be taking over again!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am almost 9 months out from my surgery - and I have my cals set at 900 and I try to keep my carbs under 40 but between 20 and 30 seems ideal for me.

If any of you want to add me feel free to - I am always happy to have more VSG'ers
  • IrishFanVSG
    IrishFanVSG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 months out...wow that went quick...I set mine to 1000 calories. I don't really set a carb number to stay under but try to limit those and not eat empty foods. I find MFP to be really helpful for tracking protein. I try to get at least 80 grams. Tracking keeps me more focused. Weekend are hard for me.