5'6 - looking for fitness twins?

Options
MMSelig
MMSelig Posts: 15 Member
Please join and share if you are 5'6 and getting in shape.

Replies

• Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" and I'm working on getting fit. I htink I'd like to lose 25lbs more... but it's been so long I am not sure what that will look or feel like. :laugh:
  • serene00
    serene00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5'6" - am a bit shorter now. Do I still qualify for this group? I started working out in January - not losing too much but looking much better. I have 10+ lbs to go to reach my goal.
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    Hi~ I am 5'6. I gained 15 lbs in about 10 months. I am now down 6 lbs! After I get to a weight where I see the fat is gone. ( 9 more lbs guessing) I then need to cut back the length of the cardio and pump back up my muscle bulk, definition and tone. This has been 2 months so far and a seemingly long process for me. Perseverance!!! Nice to meet everyone. Sandi
  • cks3d1
    cks3d1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and current weight is 139.8
    I just started 30 day shred and looking to get to 135 by May 1st.
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to be in a group that looks like it just formed and fits my height. I'm 46, 5'6" and weighed 254 when I began my new journey to lose weight on 3/29/12. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other along the way. I know it sounds like alot....but my current goals are 1). to avg 2 lb loss a week and 2). to be at 200 lbs and/or under by October 23. I leave for Disney (Orlando, FL) that day and promised if I hit my goal I'd get my pic taken with Goofy and Pluto, LOL!! That will be my half way mark. I would eventually like to see myself get to 160lb.
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 5'6" and currently weigh 214lbs - just lost 16lbs :love: . I was very active in sports all the way through college and maintained a healthy weight. I had several sports injuries, surgeries and a car accident that limited my mobility to do any type of exercise. I had another set back when I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. But I have decided to stop dwelling on shoulda, coulda, wouldas and get myself back into shape.

I have recently started doing Zumba, with some modifications, and have started to feel amazing. I haven't felt like this in a long time. I would like to get back to my high school weight of 170lbs. It hasn't been an easy journey but meeting new people on MFP and sharing our experiences has been a great motivation.

Please feel free to as me as a friend and good luck to everyone on your journey. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MMSelig
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred (again) too! I love feeling sore - because I feel like I accomplished something. Good luck!
  • CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    Hey there ladies. I'm 5'6 273. I was 316 at my heaviest. Lost over 80lbs and went through a nasty break up last year and packed back on about 1/2 of what I had lost. I've been watching what I eat & exercising daily for the last 2 weeks and have lost 15lbs so far. Once again I am hooked on getting fit. When the pounds start dropping off its like a drug. It feels goooooood haha! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jstewartdesigns
    Jstewartdesigns Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 170. I put on the weight after back surgery and still trying to get back down to my "before surgery size". I never had a weight problem before that and made exercise a daily part of my routine, my lifestyle. Now I am having trouble getting back to that place! I joined this site for motivation and encouragement. I'm close to 59 yrs old and want to be awesome by that birthday!!!
  • Happymom12
    Happymom12 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" currently 138. Weight goal wise I'm getting closer but the number isn't what matters to me as me liking the way I look. I still have quite a bit of toning up to do.
  • WelJen21
    WelJen21 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I am stoked about getting in to shape! Its great to have some other people to go on this Journey To Health with! :)
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am 5'6 and was 245 when started i have done no other fitness plans other than watching what i am eating, and excersis i have lost 12lbs,

I love it on here and first thin i do and last thing i do of a day is log in read loads of posts and go from there,
  • MissRinnyPoo
    Options
    Hi everyone! Would anyone like to be motivation partners? Here's a little about me and my goals:

I'm 23 years old, about 150 pounds (and 5'6"). I'm looking to tone my body as well as lose the fat on my hips and butt, as well as my arm flaps (lol). Having a child ruins your body!

I have a family so sometimes I lack motivation. I'm looking for someone who would like to send motivational texts or emails.

I need help eating better and getting off my butt and going to the gym, especially on days that I work!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I made a type-o. I originally said I'm 5'5" in this 5'6" club... I wasn't paying atterntion. I AM 5"6" -and a quarter. :drinker:
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 45 years old and 5' 6 1/2", though most people tell me they think I'm taller. I currently weigh 240. When I started my lifestyle change on 4 April 2011 I weighed in at 399 pounds. My highest recorded weight was 433 in October 2008. I avoided scales, so this was the last time I weighed before April 2011. I have set my goal weight at 169 pounds. I have never been a normal weight - I weighed 103 pounds when I started 3rd grade, and was about 250 when I graduated high school (1984). The weight kept climbing up. I was a type 2 diabetic (since 2005), had high cholesterol (since 2010), and was on 4 meds for high blood pressure (1st med in 1994). Something clicked last year and I knew I had to reclaim my health before I started having serious health issues including medications for diabetes and high cholesterol. I set my mind that I WOULD do it this time and started changing my eating habits. By the time I lost 100 pounds late October, I was ready to add exercise to my lifestyle change and joined a gym. Boy, was that first visit to the gym a scary one! But I did it, and I now enjoy going to the gym. I have recently walked in two 5K's and can't wait for the next. My goal is to run a 5K next spring. I really, really hope to be to my goal weight by the end of this year. I joined MFP about 6 weeks ago and love this site! Friends are always welcome.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My last weight in on Saturday I was 140. I am a *snug* 4/5 but a loose 6/7 so that weird inbetween stage. Trying to get to 130 and a size 2/3 (without them being snug) by Summer. Ultimate goal is 125 if my body lets me!

Anyone similar please please add me!
  • MMSelig
    Options
    Cant wait until I am closer to `140! way to go! keep it up
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Hi just joined the group, I am 24 years old, 5'6" HW:182 (pregnancy) CW:139 GW:125-ish
    Married 5 years with a sweet little girl born last summer!
    My food journal is open to friends and I try my best to log EVERYTHING, even if it means admitting I drank a whole bottle of wine instead of my sparkling water I had planned :)
    Looking for some motivating friends!