I can relate......

Options
ridgetopmom
ridgetopmom Posts: 13 Member
I rarely take anything strikingly memorable away from The Biggest Loser, but this week during the weigh in something was said that I totally related to. Here's the segment:

"Mark is up next. His previous weight was 200 pounds. He’s really looking forward to getting into the 100s. But not this week. Wow. He hasn’t lost any weight. He is still at 200 pounds. Mark is embarrassed. He says, “I mean to be that close to this goal, I mean honestly, why did I try? Why did I even push that hard this week?” Dolvett reminds Mark that he tries because he cares and that’s who he is now – a healthier version of himself who has to live in a world without yellow lines."

He keeps trying because he cares- I immediately understood and related to being in that place. I have been the person who didn't care. I have been the person who, because I didn't meet my own expectations on the scales on any given day, was willing to give up and give in to the food. I still struggle, my trigger foods are still an obstacle, and everyday is a challenge on some level, but thanks to Kellie and the WM class, I am continuing to change my thinking and in turn am a healthier person who "cares".

We are so fortunate to be a part of a program that will help us be healthier people, not just for a time, but for life! Thank you, Kellie!

Replies

• ktdye
    ktdye Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank YOU Mary Lynn. I agree with you about Biggest Loser and while I no longer watch it, the segment that you referred to would hit home with so many. People strive to be "healthy" in body, but healthy in spirit and in your head is just as vital. You have to care about yourself and be good to yourself. If you work on this, then you start to make better choices. What goes on in your head is just as important as the foods you choose.
    Thank you for articulating this so well and sharing this. I value your contributions and your presence in our group very much! You have many good things to say. It's been a pleasure witnessing your journey.