Favorite restaurants in town?

Options
yesthistime
yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
I love the Hobbit Cafe, Barnaby's, and Yard House. What about you all?

And any healthy dining spots that you know of would be appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Aprillsmith
    Options
    Ooooooh I had yard house for the first time last month and it was truly worth the cheat day. Mmmm just thinking about it makes me salivate. My favorite...hmmm chipotle lol
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Probably not my favorite, but LoCals Healthy Grill in Katy is really good and incredibly healthy. Don't let the name fool you... the buffalo burger is amazing... only place I've found that you can get a decent sized burger with bun for <250cal! (no joke)
  • houstonian
    houstonian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mmm yard house.... love that place!

Black Lab, I've never eaten there, but it's a cool place regardless. They have good beer.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    Probably not my favorite, but LoCals Healthy Grill in Katy is really good and incredibly healthy. Don't let the name fool you... the buffalo burger is amazing... only place I've found that you can get a decent sized burger with bun for <250cal! (no joke)

I've got to try this place! Thanks!
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    My all time favorite restaraunt is Tony's Mexican Restaraunt in Katy off of Mason road. Not healthy, but I couldn't live without some mexican food once in a while. :) I also love Cypress Station Grill in Cypress.
  • UUZennie
    UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll second Hobbit Cafe. I also love Field of Greens on West Alabama and Aztecas Bar & Grill on Richmond.

All of these are close to my work in the Upper Kirby/Greenway Plaza area.

For Burritos: Nutritionally, Freebirds beats the pants of Chipotle. Chipotle loads their stuff with fat and salt. SOOOO much salt. I also like Mission and they're comparable to Freebirds, Nutriton-wise. The one difference is that Mission has sauteed mushrooms.

If you're on the North side of Downtown you should try Radical Eats on Fulton. The fried avocado tacos and gourmet tamales are out of this world. It's not exactly low-calorie but the food is all Vegan and mostly or all organic.

For Pizza I like Pink's or zPizza both on Bissonett.
  • kimnfrosty5
    kimnfrosty5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bad board for me to be reading right now! My stomach is growling reading about all these yummy places!! LUCH TIME!
  • janethjan
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions :)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love Barnaby's but will have to try the others. Always looking for good healthy eating venues.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    If you're on the North side of Downtown you should try Radical Eats on Fulton. The fried avocado tacos and gourmet tamales are out of this world. It's not exactly low-calorie but the food is all Vegan and mostly or all organic.

I want to try this place! Thanks :drinker:
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Green Seed Vegan on Almeda, Bombay Pizza downtown, Niko Niko's in Market Square for something quick and outside. Oh, and a place I have to be very disciplined - Flying Saucer :ohwell:
  • Erica_2011
    Options
    I love japenese and vietnamese food, especially lately, because I can eat until almost full and not consume many calories. Susi, Pho, and Vermicelli bowls are very filling with less than 500 calories per serving, if moderate in choice selections.

Ra Sushi, Tokyohana, Waza, Pho Sagon
  • yesthistime
    Options
    I love japenese and vietnamese food, especially lately, because I can eat until almost full and not consume many calories. Susi, Pho, and Vermicelli bowls are very filling with less than 500 calories per serving, if moderate in choice selections.

Ra Sushi, Tokyohana, Waza, Pho Sagon

RA Sushi happy hour, FTW:drinker:
  • yesthistime
    Options
    Green Seed Vegan on Almeda, Bombay Pizza downtown, Niko Niko's in Market Square for something quick and outside. Oh, and a place I have to be very disciplined - Flying Saucer :ohwell:

I would love to try a vegan restaurant. I often think that I'm a vegan stuck in an omnivore's body... :ohwell:
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten at any of those places. I think one of my favorites is Chuy's, Guadalajara and Mancuso's Table. None of which I eat real healthy at.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    I have never eaten at any of those places. I think one of my favorites is Chuy's, Guadalajara and Mancuso's Table. None of which I eat real healthy at.

OMG Chuy's and Guadalajara! I can't even begin to make health choices when it comes to mexican food. Gotta work on that :tongue:
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yall are making me hungry!

We recently ventured over that big Phonecia specialty foods on Westheimer near Kirkwood (there is now one downtown too). It's a grocery store but a lot like Whole Foods and Central Market in you can order food and eat on the patio. Verdict... OMG NOM NOM NOM!!

Will definitely be going back there. There is a restaurant that is right next door to it... looking forward to trying that.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oooh I walked by the new downtown Phoenicia a couple weeks ago - I definitely want to check it out!
  • geminigrl622
    Options
    My favorite places are Grande Lux, PF Chang's and Lopez's Mexican Restaurant on Wilcrest and 59. Yummy!
  • puddytats
    puddytats Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mai's on Milam. Great Vietnemese food!