Hello from Long Island, NY!

Options
Hi all! I am from Long Island NY (Suffolk County) and would love to connect with others in the area!

Replies

• dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Smithtown here! Love running at Sunken Meadow :)
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I live on Long Island too, Nassau County. Maybe we can all get together midway for long walks
  • LM297
    LM297 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Huntington area!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Farmingdale here :)
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread. I live in Queens and go to LI all the time. Maybe some of us can find a challenge/run/race/outdoor activity to do together. If you're interested, let me know and/or friend me :)
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Hi :) Lindenhurst here. I've been signing up for some 5ks if anyone is interested. I'm excited about the macarthur airport veterans 5k and I'm considering the summer run series from the greater running club. I am on week 5 of the couch potato to 5k challenge.
    I'm also searching for people that want to try and play tennis. I barely know the rules and might be the most novice tennis player ever, but I've been really wanting to try and hit some balls back and forth.
    Feel free to friend me and/or message me if you want to get together for anything like that!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Brentwood/East Meadow.

Anyone want a workout buddy? Lucille roberts member here.
  • jow129
    jow129 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am from East Meadow .Just joined , Trying to lose 90lbs in a year .
  • LisaCookieScott
    LisaCookieScott Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HUNTINGTON !!!!
  • xcfreak117
    xcfreak117 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Islip area :) Sunken Meadow is great, all the state parks are wonderful! :)
  • wingednotes
    Options

Just discovering them for the first time this year. Signed up for the empire pass - been to Belmont Lake. Which ones do you like for walking/jogging?
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Garden City Here !!!! Hello World !!!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I'm from Staten Island, NY!!! Yes, the other Island....lol. :) Hope everyone is having a great day!!!! :)
  • wingednotes
    Options
    Hey NYchick84 - I graduated from csi when I was still living on your island :) Lived in the arden heights area. I miss being close to NJ, but don't miss the traffic too much. Nice to meet you :)
  • xcfreak117
    xcfreak117 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Just discovering them for the first time this year. Signed up for the empire pass - been to Belmont Lake. Which ones do you like for walking/jogging?

They're all great! I live close to Heckscher so I do a lot of my running there. Caumsett is so beautiful, great for exercising! SM is still my fav though.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey NYchick84 - I graduated from csi when I was still living on your island :) Lived in the arden heights area. I miss being close to NJ, but don't miss the traffic too much. Nice to meet you :)

Ohhhhh you didn't live too far from me....I'm in Huguenot!! :) I went to St. John's up on Grymes Hill. Nice to meet you as well!! :):)
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kathleen from Nassau County--Freeport. I am doing the Runstart program again this year. It is a once a week training group for beginning (or not so beginning runners) with coaches. It meets on Wednesday nights at 630 at Bethpage HS...the kickoff meeting is 6/21 @ 7pm @ Old Bethpage Village Restoration 1303 Round Swamp Rd, Old Bethpage...It is $30 and it is really a great program.

What kind of workouts do most of you do and where do you do them?

I kickbox at a studio in Baldwin and run and bike all over the Island.
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey LI folks!! Hicksville, Nassau County here!
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kathleen from Nassau County--Freeport. I am doing the Runstart program again this year. It is a once a week training group for beginning (or not so beginning runners) with coaches. It meets on Wednesday nights at 630 at Bethpage HS...the kickoff meeting is 6/21 @ 7pm @ Old Bethpage Village Restoration 1303 Round Swamp Rd, Old Bethpage...It is $30 and it is really a great program.

What kind of workouts do most of you do and where do you do them?

I kickbox at a studio in Baldwin and run and bike all over the Island.

I did the run start program last year. I was thinking of joining this year.

I am from Valley Stream/ Lynbrook.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    From LI, too. :-)