Just saying hi!

Options
Malissas
Malissas Posts: 64 Member
Hi all :)

Just found this group, glad it is here.
I'm from Australia, and my geekness steers me towards ITC, sci fi and wikipedia haha
I actually like various things but thought I'd share my nerdiest :)
Looking forward to the discussions.

Replies

• quigonnjae
    Options
    hey everyone .. Im a self proclaimed nerd.. Computers , Sci Fi , zombies the whole shot. Looking forward to all the abundant geekyness here :-D
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Glad to find a group of fellow geeks & nerds. I'm definitely a scifi/fantasy nerd(books, movies &TV). I love all things Doctor Who, Stargate, Star Trek, Supernatural and more....Part of my motivation for getting fit is to avoid being eaten by zombies in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse. I'm a newby tabletop gamer as well and so far I love it.
  • EgoAnt
    Options
    Ahaha, I love your motivation for getting in shape! By that reasoning I need to be fit enough to outrun a pack of zombies while carrying 3 children. I might need some sort of super-serum.
  • EgoAnt
    Options
    I guess I should actually add some information about myself! I moved around a lot growing up so my puny 300 baud modem and a couple of trusty BBS systems were my main friends growing up! I am mostly a web / video game nerd now, but if it is fun and nerdy chances are I have been into it over the years - pen and paper RPGs, Magic: the Gathering, all manner of sci-fi and fantasy media...

Now that I am older and a father of 3, I don't have as much time for it - but soon my kids will be old enough to shape into your geeks and then I can immerse myself in it again! =)
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Glad to find a group of fellow geeks & nerds. I'm definitely a scifi/fantasy nerd(books, movies &TV). I love all things Doctor Who, Stargate, Star Trek, Supernatural and more....Part of my motivation for getting fit is to avoid being eaten by zombies in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse. I'm a newby tabletop gamer as well and so far I love it.

I grew up with a Trekkie dad and a mom who loved Stars Wars. I watched Stargate SG-1 religiously for all ten seasons, along with most of Atlantis and some of Universe. My favorite Doctor was David Tennant. As for reading, I grew up loving Anne McCaffrey and her Dragonriders of Pern as well as her Rowan series. I followed Drizzt on his adventures, and along the way I've found other awesome friends in Jacqueline Carey, Spider Robinson, Patrick Rothfuss, and others.

I find astrology fascinating and I took Calculus II for fun in college. I also am in three different tabletop games, one Star Wars 3 ed, DMing a 3.5 ed D&D campaign, and am adventuring with a group of dwarves, a living tree, and an elf in a 4th ed homebrew campaign.

Hopefully, my daughter will grow up appreciating the Geekdom I am surrounding her with.
  • law2097
    Options
    Hey, Loving the concept of this group. I read zombie books, love star trek and can't wait for star wars: the old republic to come out.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    Hey all, I love the idea for this group too! I'm a gamer, specifically a WoW addict, although my days of hardcore raiding are behind me. I played Dungeons & Dragons, both 3.x and the older 2.x. I first got into RPGs with Baldur's Gate so I was really excited to discover Bioware was at the helm of SWTOR. Only reason I'm not playing it yet is I'm unsure I can afford yet another time sink haha. I love shows like Firefly, BBT, Futurama, Star Trek, etc.

I've joined MFP because I'm sick of fitting the stereotype of a fat geek. I want a rockin' body like Lara Croft!
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love that this group is here. Im a computer, tech, and a history geek and hope to meet other geeks.
  • autovatic
    autovatic Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I hope this group is still active - love the idea! Between the internet and scifi novels, I feel like I spend way too much of my time sitting around. Trying really hard this year to do something active every day. I live in the northeast, and especially now, in winter, it is way too easy to get sucked into the couch as soon as I get home.

Hope to chat with you all soon!
    <3 aj
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm Lauren. Love the whole idea of this group.
    Please feel free to add me!
  • ktbruyere
    Options
    Hi! I'm a late to the game geek. I grew up with a mom who was a gigantic Trekkie and so I started to dislike all and any sci-fi. In college I started hanging out with gamer guys and developed my love for Goldeneye and Gauntlet. Then I met my husband who I constantly made fun of for playing D&D and Warhammer. He has slowly but surely turned me into loving sci-fi (SG1 SGA Supernatural, Farscape, LOTR, Underworld). I love reading Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson series. I also like to play WOW, SWTOR and Dragonage.
  • kasarin
    Options
    Big geek since the late 80s. Comic nerd to begin with I have 3 comic tats hehe. I play Magic the gathering, World of Warcraft, and I love Sci-Fi especially Ender's Game and Fantasy (LOTR and GoT)
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    How do you say "How many calories is in that?" in Klingon?
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How do you say "How many calories is in that?" in Klingon?

chay' law' "calories" 'oH Daq vam?
    (Courtesy of http://www.mrklingon.org/ :tongue: )

But really, would a Klingon care about calories? :wink:
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Targh is pretty damn fatty.
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are both geeks! We've both played D&D, I'm trying to get him to play Munchkin with me, and we both play World of Warcraft. I think I've almost got him hooked on the new Dr Who, too.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a dweeb nerd thing, and I'm here to loose my 'raiding weight' I gained from three expansions of World of Warcraft.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Jamie. I'm from Los Angeles, and definitely don't discriminate amongst any sci fi/anime, RPGs, although I prefer JRPGs, and board/video games. :)
  • ArtsyLaurie
    ArtsyLaurie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a dweeb nerd thing, and I'm here to loose my 'raiding weight' I gained from three expansions of World of Warcraft.

These forums need a [LIKE] button!

My boyfriend & I are on Mok'Nathal. I've been playing WoW only 7 months, and just got my Mom hooked too.
  • celessetzer
    Options
    'Ello all. Greetings and salutations. The name's Rebecka, and it's a pleasure to meet you.

I am a nerdy, geeky, otaku. I love me some D&D, Pokemans, Sailor Moon, Legend of Zelda, and other things of that sort. I'm currently playing Fallout 3/Final Fantasy VI/Pokemon Fire Red/Persona 4/The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm currently reading Codename: Sailor V #1 while I am waiting for the next Sailor Moon book to come out, and debating if I want to restart The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for the billionth time. I'm more or less an open book, so if you have any questions, feel free to talk at me!