Any Good Bay Area Parks to Workout?

Options
I'm a student at UC Berkeley, and I'd love to get out and find a great park or any other place in the Bay Area to run or hike--anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There are too many to mention so I recommend checking this link out for the various ones. I go every weekend, they are awesome!

http://www.trailstompers.com/trail-runs.html
  • lauromero91
    Options
    There are too many to mention so I recommend checking this link out for the various ones. I go every weekend, they are awesome!

http://www.trailstompers.com/trail-runs.html

This is awesome! Thank you so much! I noticed that you're going to do Tough Mudder--I've been considering signing up for it. It looks like an amazing experience! Have you done it before?
  • Devlyn_P
    Options
    Ya no problem, always happy to help. I did TM last year in Squawk Valley and it was very fun. The best part is overcoming obstacles as a team and celebrating after! I recommend at least trying it once or even volunteering if you don't think you are ready.
  • lauromero91
    Options
    what does volunteering entail?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Lake Merritt in Oakland
    Loads of people run up Claremont and above Highway 13 (Tunnel Road area)
    Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
    The Bay Trail (goes at least from Jack London Square in Oakland up to somewhere in Richmond. If you go to the Berkeley Marina, you are there, head north or south. Eventually it will go all the way to Fremont)

Have fun.
  • Devlyn_P
    Options
    what does volunteering entail?

You can sign up to volunteer at a Tough Mudder event and help hand out beers or help coordinate obstacles.
    All Volunteers receive:
    1. Front-row seats to the best action in the house
    2. Don’t have to pay ($20 spectator fee)
    3. Free Tough Mudder Staff t-shirt
    4. Free breakfast and lunch
    5. One free beer ticket (if 21+, yeah, those laws even apply at Tough Mudder)
    6. Free access to the Dos Equis Post-Party w/great live music
    7. Discounted participant entry for the next day or another event
    8. The opportunity to ensure the safety of inspiring participants who are giving 110%

So to sum up: Cool t-shirt, food, mud, beer, rockin’ band, party, and real responsibility — sound like fun? Hell yeah it is! 97.7% of the volunteers at our last event said they would do it again.