Lunch Ideas for Work

Options
AMike98
AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
Hi Everyone.

I place I really struggle is taking my lunch to work. I'm looking for some good easy lunch ideas? Please let me know your favorite or go to lunches!!

Angie

Replies

• happymom92092
    happymom92092 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have gotten the sandwich thins and spread them hummus and then topped with something like cucumber slices. You get flavor from the humus, the veggie is cold and juicy. Then I bring some other veggie like bell peppers to use up the leftover humus
    My dessert is a fruit of some kind. Then I can have a granola bar for a snack. On the weekends I cut up all kinds of things for lunches for the week ( I have not tried pre- cutting cucumber yet) this way the kids get fresh fruit in their lunches too.
  • storytimemama
    Options
    I know it's probably terrible with all the preservatives, but I buy frozen meals all the time. I'm not a picky eater so I just buy whichever brand is on sale that week at the store - Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones or Healthy Choice. Then I'll get steamer veggies and heat those up in the micro to add to the meal. Just a freezie meal usually leaves me hungry but some added veggies add very few calories and then my tummy is much happier.

I also love Progresso soups. They are wonderfully filling and many are low in calories. Toss in a handful of pretzel goldfish for crunch and you are good to go!
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like frozen lunches for something quick. If you are worried about preservatives you can always try some of the organic ones. More expensive but worth it IMO.

I like to bring soup - you can make a big batch on the weekend and dish it up for the entire week.

Often I just bring leftovers from dinner - we make enough so we can both bring leftovers the next day to work.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I always cook extra at dinner. While cleaning up from dinner, I also pack up a container for my lunch the next day.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I bring leftovers from dinner. I always pack some type of greek yogurt and some fruit. Luna bars or Zone perfect bars, veggies and hummus. I work at a hospital so if I have to buy I always go to the salad bar.
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On Monday during lunch hour I shop for cucumbers, celery, red peppers and baby carrots. Then I go back to work and prep them all mixed into little baggies. I also eat lean cuisine, but it seems the more fresh stuff I eat at work the less crap I eat once I get home. I snack on the bag all day and finish it up on my drive home so I'm not starving right when I get through the door.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    We have a big freezer so I make food and freeze it in a lunch container. Usual foods are chili, quiche, various stews, lasagna....

I also cook extra chicken and have it with spinach salads.
  • juliabelle12
    juliabelle12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make a large pot of vegetable soup. Sometimes I add lentils or black eyed peas for protein. I start with water and add celery, carrots, squash, onion, tomatoes etc. I cook on the low for a couple of hours. Add seasoning to taste but not too much salt. Then I portion it in Tupperware. Freeze if there is too much.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I will usually take leftover dinner or make a quick sandwich with a piece of fruit. I actually don't get hungry thoughout the day so something small like that works wonders for me. Good luck!
  • jessibird3
    Options
    I notice that if I take leftovers, it is usually two much and I end up struggling to loose (I usually gain). So, I usually take a fruit on the bottom greek yogurt and some type of cracker (just a little snack baggie). I also take a granola bar for a snack later in the day.
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, I fill my crockpot with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. That evening, I divide the chicken into 4 ounces and place in containers for Monday-Friday. Each morning I grab a container and add one tablespoon of mayo, a few raisins, and a couple of pecans to make a healthy chicken salad. Sometimes I add cranberries or grapes. I add a few crackers and have a great meal for less than 300 calories!
  • TuBBaSHRiMP
    Options
    On Sunday, I fill my crockpot with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. That evening, I divide the chicken into 4 ounces and place in containers for Monday-Friday. Each morning I grab a container and add one tablespoon of mayo, a few raisins, and a couple of pecans to make a healthy chicken salad. Sometimes I add cranberries or grapes. I add a few crackers and have a great meal for less than 300 calories!
    Wow! Thanks at sounds delicious! I travel to different Dr. Offices so I don't have a refrigerator. But this is definitely something I can put in an insulated lunch box. Thanks for the tip!!
  • CarieLivs
    CarieLivs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite quick and easy lunch is my Chicken & Black Bean tacos. I grill lots of chicken on the weekends so I have it at hand for quick meals. I listed my recipe below:

1 Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla
    2oz Grilled Chicken (shredded)
    1/4 c. canned Black Beans (I open a can, rinse them and put in a container in the fridge for the week as well)
    1/8 c. or less 2% Mexican Shredded Cheese
    1/2 c. or more Baby Spinach
    1-2 Tbsp. Salsa
    1 Tbsp Fage 0% Greek Yogurt (tastes like sour cream to me)

I place the tortilla in a microwave safe plastic container, add chicken, black beans & cheese. Then I place my baby spinach in a baggy. And finally, I mix my salsa and yogurt in a small plastic container and pack it all in my lunch box. When I am ready to eat, I heat the tortilla, black bean, & chicken tortilla in microwave for 1 minute. When its done I add my spinach and my salsa/yogurt mixture on top and enjoy a very satisfying meal for only about 260 calories.