Success and NSV - Big and tall Style

Options
cyclingben
cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
I wanted to start this topic to post your Successes BIG or small here.

Mine this week was going from a 46 to a 44 jeans.

Replies

• craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine was finally hitting the 50lb loss mark. Next up is getting out of the obese category!
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I already posted is in the success story forum, but. Can share again...

Thu 03/15/12 10:23 PM
    So I'm a Sales Rep in the Oil & Gas industry here in Alberta. Once and a while I have to visit a site and gear up Nomex Coveralls, hard hat, etc. About 7 years ago, tired of ill fitting coveralls (usually too short in the body length) I had some custom built. (64L extra tall).

They fit good back then, fast forward to 2011, I could hardly zip them up. I definitely couldn't bend over or sit in them comfortably without unzipping them. Not very safe either. The last time I put them on was November.

Well today I rolled up on a site that required me to gear up, I was bummed thinking I was going to look like a sausage stuffed into a blue fire retardant casing with reflective stripes.

As I pulled them on and zipped them up today I couldn't believe how much room I had in them! I am sure the are looser than they were 7 years ago.

One of our service guys even noticed that they were fitting better and asked if I had been losing weight.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great group ! Although I did not hit the 400 lb mark, I'm 6' 5" and as of 1 year ago I lost 117 lb. I've leveled out at about 225 lb. I would like to work on my core / mid section but feel pretty decent on my accomplishments. I'm doing a lot of biking and have a 70 mile ride scheduled for next month which will be my longest yet. Over the last 2 years I've had several NSV such as running my first 5K which I took 2nd place in my age bracket.

Slide1-1.jpg
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to buy a pair of jeans @ Walmart in years. Last night I bought a brand new pair of wranglers 42 waist @ Walmart. I think they were $13. I'm not a big walmart fan, but I cannot deny the ease of accessibility.

Pretty sweet to know that I can walk into a regular store, grab something off the rack, and wear it. Like a regular human. Ha.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    At the start of the year I was bulging out of my 60/52 suit (chest/waist), after I had comments such as it looks like I was dressed as a clown, and I was wearing my dad's suit I tried on one of my dads suits. It is a 54/46 suit and was a comfortable fit, albeit slightly short on the arm.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Dec. 2009 when I started 1 mile, all walking with numerous breaks took 1 hr.
    March 2012 just tonight I did 4.5 miles w/hills and stairs in 1hr. Mostly jogging with a 5 min walk to warm up and then a couple of short 2 min walking breaks here and there.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    thank you for starting this group! i have just over 200 pounds to lose before i hit my goal weight, and its a discouraging number.
    height 6'4"
    my highest recorded weight was 490
    c/w 476
    g/w 250

biggest shirt size 5xlt

biggest pant size 60

current shirt size 4 xlt

current pant size 56
  • bartusiak
    bartusiak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 526.50 lbs
    MFP Start Weight: 450 lbs (06 SEP 2011)
    GW: 211 lbs
    CW: 367 lbs

I've tried many times, but this time I WILL SUCCEED!
  • liveonlocation
    Options
    Just noticed that I'm not stretching out my tshirts by stepping on the bottoms and pulling up the shoulders and then putting them on and pushing the chest and belly out with my arms from the inside out. anymore. I used to do this with ALL my tshirts before I put them on. Essentially making them a size bigger.
  • cyclingben
    Options
    Just noticed that I'm not stretching out my tshirts by stepping on the bottoms and pulling up the shoulders and then putting them on and pushing the chest and belly out with my arms from the inside out. anymore. I used to do this with ALL my tshirts before I put them on. Essentially making them a size bigger.

Its amazing how your shirts get longer the less round you are. Im wearing tshirts again and they dont come up to my belly button. Just say no to "stomach cleavage"
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Its amazing how your shirts get longer the less round you are. Im wearing tshirts again and they dont come up to my belly button. Just say no to "stomach cleavage"

LOL @ stomach cleavage.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a leather belt that I wear every day. The beginning of this year I could only fasten it on the first hole. As of today I am on the fifth an final hole of the belt. Pretty soon I'm going to have to be buying a new belt.
  • liveonlocation
    Options
    I hear ya on the belt. Still too cheap to buy new jeans, I have been punching holes in my belt, I even cut the tip off the belt as it was too long and awkward.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I just had to drill a new hole in my belt today.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ok so about 2 years ago i bought my fiance concert tickets for valentines day and was super embarrased that my 6 foot 4 , almost 500 pound self couldnt fit in the seat not even close, we had to move to the handicaped section. so a few weeks ago a friend of ours had an extra ticket tothe black keys concert . i told them about my embarrassment with the seating and told them i will probably just stand. well i fit in the seat, it was tight and cramped i had no leg room but i fit in the seat again! and in a few weeks im taking my son to see a wwe wrestling show and im looking forward to seeing if it is any more comfortable for me since ive been under my calories and working out !
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    biggest shirt size 5xl

biggest pant size 60

current shirt size 4 xl

current pant size 54

I am really going to be happy when I hit 48 pants and xxl shirts
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Last August I ran a 10K and the largest race-shirt they had was an XL. I could finally wear it this weekend.
  • rjingalls
    rjingalls Posts: 18
    Options
    Big Guys! I was getting tired of taking advice from tiny little women haha.
    Height: 6'7"
    Biggest: 415 at 19 years old
    Now: 290
    Long Term Goal: 265

I still have a way to go but it feels good being the lightest Ive been since 9th grade.
  • cyclingben
    Options
    Big men on a plane...I know we have all been there. When you sit in the seat and your legs are so big you keep on pressing the recline button, and the all embarrassing seat belt extension. The worst is the looks when your walking down the isle and you can see the look on peoples face saying "please dont have the seat next to me"

This weekend i flew to go help my sister move, sat extremely comfortable and when i tightened up the strap there was about 4" left over.

It felt so good.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Big men on a plane...I know we have all been there. When you sit in the seat and your legs are so big you keep on pressing the recline button, and the all embarrassing seat belt extension. The worst is the looks when your walking down the isle and you can see the look on peoples face saying "please dont have the seat next to me"

This weekend i flew to go help my sister move, sat extremely comfortable and when i tightened up the strap there was about 4" left over.

It felt so good.

That's really cool. Flying was off the table for me for a long time (not that I couldn't, just wouldn't) and I look forward to it now. Congrats dude!