Why this Group is Helping Me Day 1

Options
Tonight we have guests over and the menu is decidedly not anything which will help me on my path to losing 10 pounds this month. Without the goal, I have a feeling I would have given into the fattening stuff that is currently sizzling in my kitchen.

Fat me is throwing a temper tantrum on the inside, but I have decided not to let her win ever again. Here's to setting a goal and sticking to it!

Replies

• SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Way to go! On day's like this I just try and get through today and then I'll deal with tomorrow later! All it takes is one small victory at a time!
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fat me is throwing a temper tantrum on the inside, but I have decided not to let her win ever again. Here's to setting a goal and sticking to it!
    [/quote]

I totally understand you. At work on Friday's there was cake, pizza and candy galore. It was not easy to say no, especially when people kept saying a little piece won't hurt. But stand strong! The results will be worth it :happy:
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks, guys. Yeah, it was tough, but I stuck with it. The people who ate the stuff said none of it was especially good anyway. There was grocery store potato salad...which, unless it is from a delicatessan, you know it's not worth the caloric regret.

@Nora- People always say that stuff. "Oh a piece won't hurt." Actually, in MY case it will. Anything that takes me off track is a problem. I am an all or nothing type of person. A sliver of cake doesn't satisfy.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great job sticking with it!
  • beautifulone14
    beautifulone14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • reavis75
    reavis75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm like you...a sliver won't cut it, at least not yet. I am hoping by the time I reach my goal weight that I will have a much healthier relationship with food. Great job!
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo PROUD of you!!! Goals make the finish line easy to get too! :happy: