I have a secret to admit...

Options
Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
Sometimes, this site really brings me down. It dampers my mood and my self-awareness. I don't know if it's because it brings to light how messed up I am, or if it's because people don't see my successes as successes, or what. All I know is that I find it hard.
I don't understand what the point in being in discussions is, if we cannot share what we know, or are going to be made fun of for sharing.
I don't understand why I'm supposed to care about other people and their bajillion photos when it's difficult for me to get response on mine.
Am I too self-conscious for the site, or not conscious enough?
I can't decide if this is about needing approval, or needing to seek more approval, or what... but I do know that the attitudes of some people on here are soooo $hitty that sometimes I'm tempted to just take what I like and leave.

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Your feelings are shared...
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're too self conscious or not. I will say that I find it hard to believe that all those people who post those photos do so just because they're proud of themselves--or they're trying to be motivational-- and they don't care about what other people think. BS. They post them because they want the attention. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that So it's not abnormal for you, or anyone else, to kind of feel a little down if your photos don't get similar responses.

Your reactions to feeling down are probably more important. Do something that makes you feel awesome. Get dressed up and go out. Get naked and have a bubble bath. Have a mind blowing, amazing orgasm in whatever manner most appeals to you within the bounds of the law :) These are a few of my favorite things.
  • Quasita
    Options
    I don't know if you're too self conscious or not. I will say that I find it hard to believe that all those people who post those photos do so just because they're proud of themselves--or they're trying to be motivational-- and they don't care about what other people think. BS. They post them because they want the attention. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that So it's not abnormal for you, or anyone else, to kind of feel a little down if your photos don't get similar responses.

Your reactions to feeling down are probably more important. Do something that makes you feel awesome. Get dressed up and go out. Get naked and have a bubble bath. Have a mind blowing, amazing orgasm in whatever manner most appeals to you within the bounds of the law :) These are a few of my favorite things.

Haha

Well, I don't go out of my way to post photos because I really don't think it's anyone's business. If I reach my goal, I will, because I should be that proud of losing over 200 pounds but you know what I mean...

People are downright demeaning sometimes. I've written about it before. How, by looking at me or where I'm at, I can't know anything. I do take comfort in the fact that I DO use what I know, and the proof is in the jiggle pudding, but still... I hate being pre-judged. This is already such a personal thing and embarrassing for many of us, I wish more people would act in support generally.

It's like when they make fun of me here at work for using my stationary bike. I think it's ridiculous that I now have to wait till almost everyone is gone before I use it because people complain, like it's any of their business...

*le sigh* I think I will steal a hug from my roomie today. He messaged me midday to wish me a good day.
  • ronninator
    ronninator Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The internet is populated with disassociated creatures who lack empathy. This place is no exception. You have to look through a lot of rubbish to find the good. As long as you know that, it's manageable.

Present company will understand, but some of the people on this site are here not because they want to get healthy, but because they have mental and emotional issues that trigger their need to control their appearance and anything else they can. You are bound to find some manipulative types.

I think you're great. I love your attitude and enthusiasm. Stick with the people who stick up for you.
  • Quasita
    Options
    Oh and for the record, if I was slutty, I'd love to get laid, but that's not in the cards... Hasn't been since October... *twists in frustration* lmao
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    OCTOBER???? poor baby - try 2003. yah, that was the year. I think I got felt up a little when we climbed into bed and heard someone say "hey, I think my sex drive is coming back.zzzzzzzzzzzzz" and that was the end of that story.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What ronninator said about people being on this site with mental and emotional issues is spot on. - the ones who get snippy when you tell them (as kindly as possibly) that eating 800 calories a day will eventually bring them a disaster far worse than imagining that they are fat (well, no, I've never said it that way). I've only been here for a little less than 2 months, but I figured out that it does little good to try to offer help to some people. They're going to have to live through the horror in order to believe what you could just tell them. I'm not going to waste my time anymore.

That being said - Quasita - you can share your progress and happy accomplishments with me anytime. I thrive on these celebrations. If you hit a benchmark or have progress photos you want to share - I love that. I don't think it's bragging or seeking attention (at least not in a negative sense). You deserve the attention. Self validation is great, but when you share you also give others hope for their own future progress.

More important and from my own selfishness - I thrive on the many B& A photos posted on this site, because they keep me hopeful and help me through the hard times when I'm in danger of slipping into the hog trough with enough crap food to send me into insulin shock.