Group Support and Motivation

Options
Aprilstar480
Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
Just thought I'd start a thread for us to communicate on. Maybe we could do an "ask and question, answer a question sort of thing". I will start it with a question that the next person answers then they will post a new question for the following person to respond to. It could be related to nutrition, exercise, or just something to get to know our group members a little better. I don't know how well it'll work but I've found in other challenges that if the group doesn't communicate people start to lose interest. It's worth a shot:bigsmile:

Question: What is your favorite form of exercise?

Replies

• daisydarling
    daisydarling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My favorite is walking outside. I also go to the YMCA and use the tread mill.
    Daisydarling
    p.s. Does anyone have a favorite recipe for smoothies with tofu.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I've never tried a tofu smoothie but I looked some up and this looks like one I might like to try. I would probably at a cup or two of ice to the blender though because I like my smooties frozen. You could play with the fruit combination too like maybe Pineapple Mango, Strawberry Banana, or Blue(berry) Raspberry.

Tofuberry Smootie

Original Recipe Yield 3 servings

Ingredients

1/4 cup diced silken tofu
    2 tablespoons soy milk
    1/4 cup fruit yogurt
    1/2 cup raspberries
    1/4 banana
    2 cups orange juice

Directions

1. Place tofu, soy milk, yogurt, raspberries, banana, and orange juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 132 | Total Fat: 1.4g | Cholesterol: < 1mgPowered by ESHA Nutrient Database

QUESTION: Has anyone struggled with a plateau recently? How did you get through it?
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Becky. I plateaud for about two weeks...very frustrating! I am almost at my gaol and don't have much to lose. I wasn't eating all of my calories or my exercise calories...once I made sure I ate my 1200 cals I lost 1.4 lbs! I intensified my workouts and made sure I ate! It will happen, hang in there:bigsmile:
  • blynn2708
    Options
    lol..I forgot to ask a question...hmmm...

Is anyone here doing 30DS...do you do it everyday? :flowerforyou:
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Becky, I started the 30 day shred and loved it. I got all the way to level 2, doing it almost everyday, i missed one day out of the 10 days on level one. It is a great dvd and you will get great results. Good luck with how many days you decide to do it.

Question: What do you do if you get bored with a certain exercise or the exercise isn't challenging enough and you doctor had limited you to what you can do?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I would go back to the doc and tell them that I feel like I need a little more challenge and see what they suggest. You know your body better than anyone else. If it's telling you that you need more you probably do. You could also try to find different variations of what was recommend like if your suppose to walk you could take it outside and find different local trails to explore or carry light weights or find some hills you feel comfortable climbing. Google could be helpful too... look up low impact exercises. I'm sure you'd find something in that search that would be within your doctors recommendations.

Question: Does anyone have a good side dish recipe they would like to share? I'm getting tired of just plain boring veggies... any ideas how to shake it up a bit?

Blynn... I have a picture almost identical to your profile pic. I might have to upload it. The simularity is scary!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    120212_001.jpg
    Here's my Monster kitty
  • blynn2708
    Options
    120212_001.jpg
    Here's my Monster kitty

LOL! Awwww...very cute! The similarity is scary! Thanks for sharing:bigsmile: