Breakfast

Options
Hi Sleevers,

I'm down 81 lbs since 11/11/11, I cant eat regular eggs because they dont sit right in my stomach. So now I eat egg beaters, which I love, but I'm tired of eating them every day. I need something new to eat in the morning. I do yogurt sometimes but when I do I'm hungrey an hour later.

Any ideas???? I think im turninig into an egg beaters carton. LOL:laugh:

Victoria

Replies

• nlaper
    nlaper Posts: 6
    Options
    I also do the egg carton thing, I'll mix it with potato o'brien, or sometimes for breakfast I'll get the Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage, egg, cheese sandwiches, 260 cal 18 protein.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning. My tummy doesn't like solid food too early in the day.
  • charlotte12660
    Options
    Oatmeal with 1/4 cup whole milk with fruit (banana, blueberries, strawberries)
  • set2sin
    set2sin Posts: 9
    Options
    cottage cheese and fruit, you can grind the cheese in a food processor or little chopper if the texture bothers you, and add a packet of sweetener:smile: .
  • vmudgett
    vmudgett Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try some Greek Yogurt with Kashi Go Lean , lots of protein and not hard to digest. I also like to do the Fuzzy Navel Syntrax protein drink powder, add some soy milk ( I am lactose intolerant) , frozen fruit and make it into a shake. 23 gms. of protein per scoop of powder.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    Spice your eggs like French toast and cook it like a pancake then sprinkle with Splenda.

When I'm PMS-ing, I'll do a version of this recipe I found on Fitness and Spice. I've made it with just 2 eggs, Splenda, coco powder, and baking powder. Sometimes I top with plain yogurt.

http://www.fitnessandspice.com/tag/protein-cupcakes/

Protein Cupcakes
    1 Scoop whey protein powder
    1 tbsp 100% cocoa powder
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    2 packets Stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
    1 tbsp pumpkin or applesauce (your choice!)
    3 tbsp liquid egg whites (or 1 egg white)

Directions:

In a microwavable mug, place the protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stevia. Mix well. Stir in the egg whites and pumpkin or applesauce so that you end up with a thick batter. Microwave for 60 seconds.

Use a knife to gently loosen the cake from the mug. Place the mug upside down on a plate and let the cake slide out. Cut in half and fill with desired toppings like peanut butter, Greek yogurt, or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes one serving.