What's happening in your life?

Options

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ginny I loved your shopping with hubby story. It cheered my day. And arthritis and dicey thyroid for me too. We can only do our best. :love: I think we are...:heart:
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ginnylee, I enjoyed your story and laughed it sounds so familiar. Thank you for sharing it.:laugh: h
  • Punkicoleman
    Punkicoleman Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Last night I got hooked into this party up in the Executive Lounge at the Sheraton at Frankfurt airport. I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have, but the drinks were refilled fast and furious. :drinker: My darling husband left early to go to bed, but I stayed until they closed down the club. It was so much fun to have all of these young (40s and 50s) men flirting with me. It will make a great memory for my old age. :love:

We are about to head over to the first-class terminal to await our flight back to Seattle. My plan is to get on the plane, eat my caviar, drink my vodka, and then sleep all the way home. We arrive in Seattle at 2:00 p.m. and by 6:30 need to be dressed and in attendance at our friends' black-tie 50th wedding celebration dinner/dance. Let's hope that my body clock isn't too whacked out. :yawn:

Then on Sunday morning I will have to face the scale and we will see how much damage all of my partying, drinking and eating caviar will have done. I was really quite good, however, and my indulgences were all well worth it.
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Punki, men in their 80's flirt with me so enjoy enjoy enjoy the young ones!!!
    I just realized I give in too many times to "Well, it is a special day," and then eat more sweets than I should.
    Back to the "NO" zone. Our neighbor gave us these delicious pear and chocolate tarts and I ate a whole one. Too much.
    I find it difficult to correct all my bad eating habits.
    When I was on dialysis the first time I had to take nutritional supplements AND was told to eat ice cream and cheesecake because I got too thin. Well, that did it. YEARS of healthy low fat and low calorie diet destroyed. I LIKE SWEETS!!!!

The day was beautiful here in Philadelphia. My husband and I took our dog, Mr. Bert, a very tall labradoodle, out for a long walk through the wooded park in our neighborhood. After an hour and a half we stopped for cappuccino. Mr. Bert had water.

I am running on empty and can't wait to snuggle in bed with the second book of the series The Hunger Games. I am enjoying them and can also stay "cool" with my teenage clients who read them. As in grandma cool!

I hope you all had a good weekend and good eating to us all this week!
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When I was on dialysis the first time I had to take nutritional supplements AND was told to eat ice cream and cheesecake because I got too thin. Well, that did it. YEARS of healthy low fat and low calorie diet destroyed. I LIKE SWEETS!!!!

The day was beautiful here in Philadelphia. My husband and I took our dog, Mr. Bert, a very tall labradoodle, out for a long walk through the wooded park in our neighborhood. After an hour and a half we stopped for cappuccino. Mr. Bert had water.

I am running on empty and can't wait to snuggle in bed with the second book of the series The Hunger Games. I am enjoying them and can also stay "cool" with my teenage clients who read them. As in grandma cool!

I hope you all had a good weekend and good eating to us all this week!

I don't know too much about Kidney disease however I was surprised that you were told to eat ice-cream and cheesecake. My friend has Kidney disease and she cannot eat milk products, tomato's, potato's. She has to watch her potassium intake. I guess it just depends. I think I would love it if my Dr. told me to have ice-cream and cheesecake. I love both. My body wouldn't like it but my taste buds would.

Sounds as if you had a wonderful walk and beautiful Sunday. Does you husband like to walk with you? Mine would but he has bad hips. I told him he and the dog (Tola) are special needs guys.:heart: Of course, I'm not. Sniff,sniff, lol.:bigsmile:

At least the tart is now gone. Yay.:drinker:

Ginny:flowerforyou:
  • Silverniki
    Silverniki Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh Ginny, that sounds so familiar! My husband and yours must be kindred spirits! I'm also contending with arthritis and have great difficulty walking for any length of time on cement floors. I just purchased some anti-fatigue shoe covers that are called ErgoMates that strap over your shoes. They make your shoes a bit heavier but they feel like your walking on air. Tomorrow I'll get to wear them to the gym where a group I belong to walk laps on cement and hopefully I'll be able to walk the mile (28 laps) for the first time and it won't be so painful. I wish someone had told me about them a few years ago.

A little about me. I joined MFP last month and just joined this group. I'm retired and want to loose at least 31 more pounds to help my joints. I tried eating healthy all last year, lost 15 lbs in the first 6 weeks and then hit a wall that I couldn't seem to get passed. Just before Christmas I started eating everything again and by Jan 31 I'd gained back 9 lbs. I went back dieting on Feb 6th and have lost 17 lbs so far. Mon through Friday, I go to the pool for an hour doing aquafit, and on fridays also do an hour of chair yoga. I'm supposed to be walking laps 3 days a week as well but that wasn't going very well as my ankles and knees got very sore. Hopefully now I can get back to going again.

Hopefully I can stay away from the sweets and continue loosing weight but it's hard!
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Bruce Springsteen concert on Wednesday night and hubby took off Tuesday thru Thursday. Too bad I work Tuesday and Thursday. We will have a great Wednesday.
    Silver Sneakers class today. Boy, she works us out. A man, 100 plus y.o., who attends class manages to keep up. I can't complain with him around!!
    The exercise instructor wants to learn more about mindfulness meditation so I will show her and perhaps the class.She also just heard of Transcendental Meditation. (TM). A woman in class told the story of a friend visiting who after dinner asked for permission to go upstairs for his TM. She said fine but her husband was put off by his asking permission to go take a BM.

Life, nothing is funnier!
    Have a great, healthy eating day!
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Silverniki, it sounds as if you have great willpower! I have been the same weight since
    November but I put on muscle and wear a lower size than in November.
    That is why I love this site. It keeps me going.

Welcome!
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    Welcome, Silverniki. We are glad to have you aboard.

I too suffer from arthritis, but find that it bothers me less the more active I am. Losing weight really does lessen the pain in my feet and lower back which are the places I suffer most. Well I should say feet, back and hands, although it all increases and decreases constantly without my ever truly understanding why. In the long run, however, I suffer less when I am active and slim so those are the things I work toward.

After these past 11 days of traveling and partying, I am thrilled that I didn't gain any weight. Now I need to really buckle down and see if I can knock off another ten pounds by April 28th when I leave on my cruise. If I am serious as a heart attack until then, I should be able to make decent progress.

Then I can relax and enjoy myself on my cruise where it is also my goal to maintain. After the cruise, I only hope to lose five more before July 21, and then another 5 by September 21, toning and sclupting all the way along. At that point, I should look pretty decent for an old lady. If not, I can always lose more. :flowerforyou:

Later, Punki
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Welcome Silverniki. You have found the best site! It is filled with smart , fun , supportive (and many arthritic) women who will really help you on your journey.

Good luck. Sending good thoughts. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    Welcome Silverniki,

You will really enjoy being on this sight as Steppingstone said. Everyone is very supportative. We really try to encourage everyone as they concentrate in getting healthy. Glad you decided to join us.:drinker:

• Punkicoleman
    Options
    I am so happy to be home where I can make my own Kale Chips, with real American Kale. In Switzerland they have a similar product called wirz, but it doesn't make such crispy chips. If they ever discover anything unhealthy about kale chips, I hope they keep it a secret until after I am dead. :tongue:

Off to the gym, Punki
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Sitting and listening to the wind blow outside at around 40 miles per hour. But the rain storm has stopped and the sun is out. We have had a lot of rain lately but the hills are green and beautiful.

I did not win the lottery and so I was at Target at 8:30 this morning with my 50% off coupon to get my star wars crazy grandson something special for Easter. I went out before breakfast and was thinking the whole time - what I would eat and how many calories I would use when I returned home and could log in..

Guess we always are thinking about our weight and what surprises we will meet when we get on the scale. But yesterday, I remembered it was more than that...Been going through my annual physical with its' variious tests and I got a real shocker. It was a pleasant one. Not to share all the details but my cholesterol has dropped by 30 points! I was Floored!

So ladies, have a great week. And remember the big picture! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ,
  • ginnylee74
    Options
    That's good news Steppingstones.:drinker: Actually it's awesome. We have had wind here today and it snowed. AGAIN.:sad: But we are known for the winds around here. Just harder than normal. Last night and all day today.:cry: My dogs stuck their heads out the door, backed up and did a. no way am I going out there. look at me this morning. I finally had to take them out on a leash to go potty. While out there a gust came up and I watched the property across the street lose about 2 inches off the top of their 10 acres. I would imagine the soil in Susanville has increased by 2 inches or more from all the dirt that left this valley.

The wind has finally stopped and just gusts now and then. At least we got some much needed snow, and this afternoon some rain. The dogs finally went out and are now calling to all the coyotes in the neighborhood to come talk to them. :grumble: Too cold for me out there.

Have a nice Sunday and keep warm. I envy you the green. I'm ready for some grass to show itself...

• Punkicoleman
    Options
    I see we have another new member. Hurray for that. Welcome and enjoy.

My scale refuses to budge, but I am fitting into all sorts of wonderful clothes. We are doing a Diamond Jubilee celebration at the Turf Club at Emerald Downs (our local race track) and I was trying to figure out what I would wear and what might fit by June 3rd. I tried on two dresses that I was sure would be way too tight and, lo and behold, they fit. Now I have to figure out which outfit I want to wear and start thinking about how to decorate my hat. :love:

I just love decorating hats. I finished my Easter Bonnet and yesterday bought the ribbons, feathers and flowers for the hat I am wearing to the Titanic Centennial celebration at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. I just love playing dress up so being fat was really miserable for me. I can't wait to lost another ten so I can really start enjoying my clothes once again.

Off to the gym, Punki
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    I am in a new decade--the it's decade where I wanted to be before my cruise. :love: :love: :love: I still have three more weeks to go, so I am hoping to lose at least another six. At that point my clothes would look good and there will still be plenty of "new" clothes coming up in my closet to keep me inspired throughout the summer. I can't wait.

Life is soooooooooo good without fat. How did I ever let it into my life?
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    GinneyLee, The first time on dialysis, I had no problem with potassium so I could dairy. Not a lot, but some. Second time around, I had to watch it.
    My husband also walks with me but in recent years his body aches make him a bit less enthusiastic. But he goes if I ask most of the time. We go to Silver Sneakers at our gym and it has helped his back and leg and knee pain enormously. I helps my back pain.
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    As of today, I have officially lost 20 pounds. How exciting is that? Yesterday when I stopped at a thrift store, I bought another very sexy formal gown. It even needs to be taken in a bit, but I am waiting for my new strapless bodysuit to arrive before I do any alterations on the dress. I have never in my life found an adequate strapless undergarment that would support my DDs but just found that Flexees sells a strapless body suit in DD sizes so I bought one. It will be totally amazing if it actually works. :love:

The new gown has one shoulder strap, toga style, so I may add one strap to the bodysuit when I wear it.

Now I need to just keep pushing forward with the diet and exercise so I look hot in the dress, rather than like an old lady who is trying to fool herself. :blushing:

Off to my day, Punki
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    I actualIy came over here to post, just to see how my ticker looked more than half way to goal. :love: Well I am here to tell you that it is looking pretty darned good. I have been working at this for almost three months now and have lost 21 pounds, which is an average of 7 pounds a month. That's pretty darned good considering the fact that I spent almost two weeks traveling and drinking wine in Switzerland and Germany, and eating as much caviar as they would give me on the plane in both directions. :drinker: :blushing:

Come on you guys and make some posts so we can keep each other motivated. I know I need all the help I can get.

Have a great day, Punki
  • Punkicoleman
    Options
    I actualIy came over here to post, just to see how my ticker looked more than half way to goal. :love: Well I am here to tell you that it is looking pretty darned good. I have been working at this for almost three months now and have lost 21 pounds, which is an average of 7 pounds a month. That's pretty darned good considering the fact that I spent almost two weeks traveling and drinking wine in Switzerland and Germany, and eating as much caviar as they would give me on the plane in both directions. :drinker: :blushing:

Come on you guys and make some posts so we can keep each other motivated. I know I need all the help I can get.

Have a great day, Punki