Star Trek vs Star Wars

Options
Fit_Canuck
Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
Ever wondered who would win? Well wonder now more!

57915041-865c-4df8-8780-0835bcb2f645.jpg

Replies

• ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars (no prequels, no expanded universe, eff that nonsense) but Star Trek wins every time! I'm watching TNG right now!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars (no prequels, no expanded universe, eff that nonsense) but Star Trek wins every time! I'm watching TNG right now!

You are awesome!!! I just finished watching TNG ;) A day rarely goes by when I don't watch at least one Trek episode...some might say it's sad...I say it's awesome ;)
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love Star Wars more! Love the expanded universe, but could do without the prequels.
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    Love Trek! BTW, my husband has the Starfleet insignia tattooed on his bicep! I took it as a sign when we first met! :happy:
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Star Wars!!!! The characters are just amazing and the story lines/lore.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Trek > Wars

Though I am so not a hater.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

You are awesome!!! I just finished watching TNG ;) A day rarely goes by when I don't watch at least one Trek episode...some might say it's sad...I say it's awesome ;)

^^ SAME! It's about the only show I'll watch over again...I typically hate re-runs, Star Trek being the exception!

Canada FTW! ;)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Star Wars > Star Trek minus that prequel crap. :noway:
    I do love TNG. All the other Treks, I tried but I couldn't get into them. :indifferent:
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    To me this argument is like the episode "Let that be your last battlefield", you Star Wars guys are black one one side and white on the other, but other then the weird creepy incest, you're the same as us Star Trek guys who like Frank Gorshin, are white/black on the other sides.

Or you're like star belly sneeches.

I think we can all agree on two things. Han Shot First and that Enterprise had an amazing cast, but between the amazingly crappy theme song and the lackluster writing, it was the worst of the series.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ...I think we can all agree on two things. Han Shot First and that Enterprise had an amazing cast, but between the amazingly crappy theme song and the lackluster writing, it was the worst of the series.

Of course Han shot first. I'm only on my third episode of Enterprise, and it's good in that 'I already have seen all these characters in other star treks, but they're familiar and that's comforting' kind of way.

TNG is by far the best, but DS9 is good when you watch it in sequential order.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch Star Wars until just before they were re-released in theatres in the 90s, I was instantly hooked and had tons of the expanded universe books. My wife is a total Trekkie and even has a tattoo of a Borg cube battling the Enterprise. Will post if anyone's interested.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    DS9 also had the best Captain everrrrrrrrr......
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    DS9 also had the best Captain everrrrrrrrr......

Agreed! He's Badass!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I think we can all agree on two things. Han Shot First and that Enterprise had an amazing cast, but between the amazingly crappy theme song and the lackluster writing, it was the worst of the series.

I hate Enterprise grrr. I love both SW and ST but I honestly have to say Star trek would win on sheer technology alone. That not even factoring in Q (omg I love John de Lancie )
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options

I hate Enterprise grrr. I love both SW and ST but I honestly have to say Star trek would win on sheer technology alone. That not even factoring in Q (omg I love John de Lancie )

Just remembering the DS9 episode where Sisko punched Q..." You hit me, Picard never hit me." " I'm not Picard."

Set the stage for the entire series....
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Id be faithful to Wars but a slut with Trek so i guess im anyones
  • ajelove
    ajelove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ha! Hmm I like both evenly. I do not appreciate how Lucas is trolling his fans right now. How many "Nooooo"s does he need?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Q. And I'll say again, Trek > Wars! I'm not afraid to pick a side :tongue:
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    While I am an equal opportunity Star Lover, I actually met Q and Spock. However, my radio DJ name was Princess Layla and I even rocked the hairdo, and also own a slave outfit, and am currently playing SWTOR. See, sooo difficult....

This was me three years ago. I have lost weight and grown my hair since, lol. The guy with me who isn't Spock is my friend Doug, who's also lost weight in those years :)

17155192_2621.jpg

17155192_9099.jpg

17155192_7145.jpg
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Trek. Definitely! :happy: