Hey I'm a Newbie!

Options
Hi everybody,
I am 3 weeks into my new fitness program and am hoping to lose at least 10 lbs to get back to my prepregnancy weight. Things are going very well, and although I havent lost any weight yet i am really enjoying my workouts every day and have been eating very well. Usually by this time my motivation has waned and I am feeling discouraged but something seems to have shifted this time around. I am less concerned with the number on the scale and more focused on how I feel, which is awesome.

I am already seeing noticable changes in my muscle definition, something I haven't seen in over 2 years so YAY!! I am hoping this site will help me maintain my momentum so I can be ready for summer because I want to be able to keep up with my son this year. I would also love to start boxing again because boxing is such a phenomenal sport and I regret quitting when I was younger. My long-term goal is to become a certified personal trainer so I can open my own gym.

Sorry for rambling on :)

Replies

• digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

Whats stopping your from starting back into boxing now and using it to compliment your goals?
  • hardheadedrican
    Options
    Your not rambling... I love your long term goal. That has cross thru my mind once or twice myself. Hurry back and start boxing again need more females like you in the sport!
  • Fightinglily
    Options
    Well as of now I am pregnant with my second baby so I'm going to have to put weight loss on the back burner in favor of a healthy pregnancy. Throughout the next 6 months I will be studying to be a certified personal trainer, then as soon as I can I will restart my weight loss journey. Unfortunately boxing is not really an option for me at the moment since I live on a farm 2 hours from the nearest boxing gym and have no one to train with at home. I do still skip, shadowbox and work the bag but I'm fairly limited in my boxing related training. I do miss punching people tho lol
  • Fightinglily
    Options
    Haha I so miss boxing, it was the greatest time of my life. I had never intended to compete, I was only doing it to stay in shape but my dad talked me into fighting and when I did I was shocked at how easily I was winning. My first fight ended in under a minute! lol