Options
Just thought it would be nice to have some motivation from others in the same area. I can't get a picture uploaded because I'm brilliant, but if others join, everyone will have access to edit this group....if possible. I haven't done this before, so we will see if any of it pans out.

Replies

• tenquilts
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group, cllemley! It looks like I do have access to do a lot of things in this group that I don't in others.

Some background - I rejoined MFP as part of my New Year's Resolutions to lose 30 lbs and run a 5K. Yesterday I hit my first 10 lbs lost mark, and I am running twice a week at the office fitness center. My husband is trying to talk me into signing up for the Gallop for the Greenways 5K on May 12 (http://www.gallop4thegreenways.com) - anyone else planning on running it?
  • cllemley
    Options
    I would love to have something like that to work towards. Thanks for the website! Will definitely look into it. Tenquilts, I made it open for you to make changes as you see fit. I cannot seem to get a picture loaded so if you know how to please feel free. This is great!
  • tenquilts
    Options
    I uploaded a generic photo of the Roanoke Star. If you have another one you'd like to use send me a message and I'll give you my email address - I can resize and upload it for you.
  • cllemley
    Options
    no need, that's perfect :) thanks so much!
  • MarkC1963
    MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mark and have been losing weight pretty consistently since June of last year. I've lost 57 lbs so far, 30+ on MFP. This is a wonderful support network and if anyone needs an encouraging MFP, please invite me.
    Best,
    MarkC1963
  • cllemley
    Options
    That's great! Feel free to invite friends to this group as well :)
  • brwneyes568
    brwneyes568 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm glad this group has been started. It's great to have others in the area facing similar challeges and wanting to get fit that we can share with and offer mutual motivation and support. I'm looking forward to getting fit again. It's time to get back in shape. No more procrastinating and telling myself "I'll start tomorrow".
  • cllemley
    cllemley Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome !!!! I think we can all understand that "I'll start tomorrow" mindset. I know I can. This is a nice way to keep motivated. I don't know why, but knowing that you have a local group to vent to or share with makes it a little easier to follow through with a program.