Question for the ladies or men I guess

Options
This may be a stupid question...This riding season I'm currently fighting with my hair. lol I don't wear a helmet just bandana/headband. My hair isn't long enough to put in one of those wrap hair tie things. Its alittle longer then my shoulders if that. So I can make a short pony tail but by the time I'm home my hair looks just very worn.
Any tips from some of the veteran riders? What I plan to do is just wear my short pony tail and then a headband. I'm at a loss...maybe its just my hair. lol

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• debloves2ride
    Options
    There is no hope for biker hair. you kind of have to wait until it is long enough to pull back or keep it cropped short. when my hair is at the "in between" stage, just keep the bandana/headband thing handy. Most of the time I just say "screw it" and what you see is what you get!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a helmet and I found that wearing a bandana full over your head saves your hair a bunch. I used to do a bandana like a headband. I found that the hair on the top/back of my head was getting ROUGH. Between the sun and wind, I had to use some hardcore conditioner to get it back to good. This has been working for me, hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    Dang I was hoping for an answer like 'put this on your hair and it'll keep it nice" lol....

I don't get the girls who let their hair blow in the wind while riding on the back and not have it be a rats nest!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sorry, the bandana is the closest to ok that I have found. I wear that and braids usually. One day I put my hair in a pony tail, no bandana, no braids, bangs left down. When I got back I looked like Lita Ford in a haunted house. The bangs were straight up mall bangs and my ponytail looked like a giant beehive on the back of my head. Since then I keep it conditioned and tied down, lol.
  • cino2684
    Options
    lol yeah but you looked like your got some wind though!!
    I have never been able to do braids myself plus hair isn't long enough yet.
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wear a helmet so I have a bit less wind, which helps but, that leaves me with the smashed hair. The best solution I've found is a tight french braid with a silk do-rag. The braid helps keep it from getting tangled, although, it's inevitable that I'll get some loose strands that seem to tie themselves together, lol. But, better than full on tangled mess. The silk do rag prevents friction and helps cut down on tangles too as well as smashing it down so horribly. So, not a perfect solution; riding = helmet hair no matter what but it does make it more tolerable and keeps me from looking like a complete asylum escapee when riding. But, then again...sometimes that's the funnest part =P

I noticed you said you can't do braids yourself but keep at it; I couldn't either until I started riding and needed to do something other than a pony tail or bun. Now I'm a 5 minute pro. Once you practice and get the hang of it, you'd be surprised how you can actually get even a shorter hair style in a tight braid - or at least the majority of it; the rest of it the do-rag will hide/protect until it grows out a bit more. What's even better than a single french braid is a double one; one down each side. That actually works even better for riding and it works better for short hair too.
  • cino2684
    Options
    I have no idea even how to start on the braids, hair definately isn't long enough yet. I like wearing a bandana but I learned last weekend that if I leave it on the whole ride I end up with a nice tan line across my forehead lol...so this is giong to be a work in progress.
  • speednut
    speednut Posts: 82
    Options
    As a guy, I'm saying a pony tail is super sexy to me on a woman. (with or without a bandana or doo-rag!)
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I wear a helmet cause I'd like to keep my face :wink: