Need group motivation

Options
allimat
allimat Posts: 8 Member
Glad to join the group. I tried to loose a few pounds a few months ago but got off track. I hope being in this group will move me down the scale!
What are you all doing to loose up to 2.25 pounds a week?

Replies

• Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Someone said drink a lot of water! I say eat small portions (like you'd feed a 5-7 yr old), work out (3-4 days/wk for about 60 minutes). Remember to be mindful of what you EAT!!!! And the snacks throughout the day will make the scale cry!! :sad:

You can do this!
  • NoraMich84
    NoraMich84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    One of my friends post daily fitness challenges. She has lost like 46 pounds since January and I see why, her challenges are butt kicking. They are things like: 100 jumping jacks, 20 sec planks, 100 lunges, 100 crunches, 100 squats.... you get it. I haven't been able to complete most of the routine, but it has given me something I can do at home that I can push myself towards. Maybe we can do something like that.
  • sandibeach7
    Options
    I am axious to start this! My brother & his wife got on here & he has lost 40LBS & she 25LBs. They of course are still dieting, but if they can do it..SO CAN I !!
  • Emily199517
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am excited for the 10 pound challenge. I've started to do Shape Magazines Drop 10 diet which will help you lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks, but I am bumping it up a bit to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks.

As far as diet, Shape's plan is to eat 1400 calories, and then add another 200 of "happy calories" tallying up to 1600 calories daily.
    Right now, i am taking it to the next level and eating 1200 calories, and then another 200 happy calories.

Happy calories can be filled anything you want. But it has to make you happy :) You can have a treat everyday, or save it for the end of the week to have a "cheat meal."

Personally, i choose the cheat meal. One meal a week of pure bliss :)

I also have switched all of my liquids to water and green tea. Except for milk in my cereal, and sometimes diet soda. I used to drink diet soda all day long, and i have learned to cut it down to a few cups a week.

Exercise: I am doing Shape's plan of doing HIIT three days a week. (High Intensity Interval Training) for thirty minutes. For those of you who don't know about this, HIIT is doing high intensity bursts and low intensity recovery. Like sprinting for 30 seconds, and walking a minute to recover. It blasts calories and also helps with plateau if any of you are having a problem with that. I do this for thirty minutes.

Then, twice a week, I do an hour of strength training. I used to believe building muscle made you bulk up! But it really doesn't. It tightens up a woman's whole body and can make her look fantastic even if she isn't at her goal weight quite yet. If any of you go to 24 hour fitness I highly recommend 'Les Mills Body Pump'.

WE CAN DO IT EVERYONE!! You are worth every good thing in this world, including being happy and healthy :) Good luck.
  • pslone0798
    Options
    My Daily goal is 1,200-1,500 calories net. I plan on doing 30-40 min on the treadmill and 15-20 on Elliptical 5 times per week. Planning meals and snacks ahead and drinking plenty of water.
  • phetzgetfit
    Options
    good morning. i'm going out on a job in the country this weekend where I won't have internet, phone, be able to run into town etc. Good time to focus on eating healthier and getting a jumpstart on meeting this challenge, I say. So, I'm headed to the grocery store in a minute to stock up on veggies and other healthy foods to take with me. Good luck everyone. see you next week.
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    I plan on using my Ball's membership lol... Bump up my exercise and drink more water. 10 pounds will get me out of the 200's!!!!:tongue:
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My plan is to drink 2 protein shakes a day- one for breakfast and one for lunch. Eat clean for dinner. Drink lots and lots of water. Exercise atleast 5 days a week for atleast 45mins at a time. *I work at a dr's office and we get lunches brought to us alot, so I'm going to allow myself to eat a salad along with my shake at lunch if it's there*
    This is what I did when I first started this life change back in July and I had really good results and I was happy and felt great!
  • allimat
    Options
    Yes the scale will cry with too many snacks! I have to watch myself from eating snacks late at night. Also, I can't go out for a drink or two with my girlfriends.
    Good advice on the small meals!
  • allimat
    Options
    You must know what you are doing b/c you lost 45 pounds! Congrats :happy:
  • allimat
    Options
    I will be following 1200 to 1500 cals a day as well. Probably allow the 1500 on days that I work out. I am going to try and bike, hike and walk. I love to run, but my knees can't take it.
    Good luck!
  • FancyChick305
    Options
    I like that idea of challenging the group to different things each day to do that was mentioned earlier.. Are you willing to do that for the group?

I plan to eat clean, drink 1/2 weight in body water, exercise everyday even if small, and cabbage soup diet the last week.
  • beautifulone14
    beautifulone14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree that I too need motivation. There is so much stress going on in my life, and that leads me to binge eat. Im trying really really hard not to do that. I kept my same calorie goal, but I noticed that I am eating 300-400eat less a day, which is great for me. Each week I plan to change up my exercises.. I plan to check in to see what others are doing.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm nerveous about weighing in Saturday! I havent been able to work out at all this week. I injured my back last friday and it just got worse as the weekend went. Dr's orders were no exercising, no twisting my back what so ever, and to take it easy. Well I've done my best this week and it's SLOWLY getting better. I've tried to keep my calories in check, but had 2 days where I went over. I'm so nervous!! :frown: :cry:
  • lynngallo11
    Options
    I have been eating between 1500-1850 calories a day and following a zig zag diet/calorie cycling approach where I eat around 1500 calories for 2 days then on the 3rd day I eat around 1700-1850 calories and then the next two days I go back to the 1500 and so on. Over time our bodies adapt to a lowered calorie level. Our body becomes more efficient at using energy (lowered metabolism), and therefore burns less fat. This is why most of us reach a weight loss plateau. Calorie cycling 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories so it keeps your metabolism high. I also do cardio 6 days/wk and strength training 3 days/wk so this is why my range seems bit high. You can check this website out and input your #s on the Daily Caloric Intake Calculator and then at the bottom of the calculator you can click on '7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)' and this will give you a guideline of how your calorie intake should look like on a zig zag diet. There is some really informative reading on the page as well! I have already lost 3 pounds this week alone. :flowerforyou:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not a happy girl today. Weigh in results:

SW 212
    GW 202
    CW 213