Sports Direct Sale

Options
If anyone needs workout gear get to Sports Direct.

I got a pair of Donnay running shoes for £9.00
Loads of Lonsdale clothing 70% off
Lonsdale support socks £3.99
and USA Pro Hand Weights 50% off

It's all online too, but I'm not sure on delivery charges.

Worth a look if you need fitness gear but don't want to pay a fortune. I was using 10+ year old PE gear from school and tins of beans as weights so I'm now kitted up! And the ankle support I bought really helps during workouts on my torn up ligaments, I was quite impressed with it.

Replies

• loosetorideagain
    loosetorideagain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Guess what I'm going to be looking at tonight....lol
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOOO!!!! Don't shop in Mike Ashley's jumble sale shop!!! He's so fat...selling sportswear?? its obvious his clothes don't work !! ;)

*stomps off in a huff*

lttledumplings = Newcastle 'St James Park' forever girl :)
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    BOOOOOOO!!!! Don't shop in Mike Ashley's jumble sale shop!!! He's so fat...selling sportswear?? its obvious his clothes don't work !! ;)

*stomps off in a huff*

I guess that's the guy who owns it?

Meh, I can't afford to have principles! I'll admit that I went in first thing on Saturday morning before it got too packed to the rafters with chavs though! :wink:
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

*stomps off in a huff*

ahahahahaha love it and snap petal!!!!
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I've bought loads of cycling clothes from Sports Direct - Karrimor stuff, it's been great and so reasonably priced. I got it from their website and the delivery charge was pretty low.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You sometimes get a free mug when you order online too! I bought a Real Madrid kit from them for my football mad tomboy daughter.
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options
    You sometimes get a free mug when you order online too! I bought a Real Madrid kit from them for my football mad tomboy daughter.

I've seen those, they are huge! I have a Friends mug (like the TV series) in work and my boss brought that one in to beat me! :laugh:
  • littledumplings
    Options

*stomps off in a huff*

Meh, I can't afford to have principles! I'll admit that I went in first thing on Saturday morning before it got too packed to the rafters with chavs though! :wink:

Yes, he owns it, and Newcastle United Football team....he renamed St James Park (the football ground) to the Sports Direct Arena....he's not a popular man round these parts lol....if you shop in hs shop, its best to take your own carrier bag lol x
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options

*stomps off in a huff*

Yes, he owns it, and Newcastle United Football team....he renamed St James Park (the football ground) to the Sports Direct Arena....he's not a popular man round these parts lol....if you shop in hs shop, its best to take your own carrier bag lol x

Wow, I didn't know that and I have family in Gosforth! What a douche! You can't rename St James, I bet nobody calls it by the new name though.
  • littledumplings
    Options

Wow, I didn't know that and I have family in Gosforth! What a douche! You can't rename St James, I bet nobody calls it by the new name though.

No-one calls Mike Ashley by his name either ;)
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Lol :)
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Ha!

Will check out sports direct online, my jids love their stuff. Thanks :smile:
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    good banter :)

For me going to these sports shop is like a shopping trip for you girls. I LOVE Sports shops :)
  • Sjvarley123
    Sjvarley123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    fyi - was chattig to the a really lovely sales girl in our local store yesterday - and she was telling me that the online prices + delivery charges are designed to be the same as the in store prices, which i felt was good to know.

Sports direct have also now bought out field and trek so you can now get all the karrimor running gear in field and trek but without having to fight through the chavvy clothing :wink:
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    As far as my 15 year knowledge of the store goes..... but

Isn't this shop always on a sale? Like I don't think I've ever bought anything in there that wasn't between 40% - 70% off
  • phoenixoncemore
    Options
    As far as my 15 year knowledge of the store goes..... but

Isn't this shop always on a sale? Like I don't think I've ever bought anything in there that wasn't between 40% - 70% off

Who knows? I've only been in the place once or twice. Someone told me Lonsdale and Adidas workout gear was on sale so I arrived in town just after they opened on Saturday, safe in the knowledge that none of the janner chavs would be awake yet as it's not giro day - let alone worrying about their saturday night outfit for down 'oh-SHAN-errs' (Oceana)

I was stealth about it. Like a ninja. :wink:

Edit for spelling mistake!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I bought some really cheap Muddy Fox cycling gear from Field & Trek online not realising they were one & the same as SportsDirect.com - and yes I got the HUGE Sports Direct mug as a freebie :laugh: along with a huge catalogue (I mean... I've just ordered online, do you think I need a paper catalogue too!!!)

I did have a look at their swimwear and will probably get some of the new stock when it's released at the beginning of May as I seem to be going through swimming trunks at an alarming rate!!! :noway:
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Their staff get HUGE bonuses, 2200 staff got £44,000 each last year, twice their salary

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jul/14/sports-direct-to-get-bonus-worth-twice-average-wage
  • Paul_Kent_UK
    Paul_Kent_UK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Found a great deal on some hiking boots on the site yesterday - to find they were double the price when I added them to my basket.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    O/T as a fan of BSP team who's got "no farking money" (manager's words!!) I couldn't care less what they named our footy ground if it brought some extra money in. It'd always be Blundell Park to the fans anyway.

Back on topic - I got a really nice Puma t-shirt from Play.com for £4.99 delivered, cheaper than any of the sports shops I've seen.