I'm thinking I'm gonna be less likely to take my shirt off t

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
than I was 30ish pounds heavier last year. Tank Tops too. It's because I'm having the sagging fleshy skin thing going on my stomach and thighs. Don't get me wrong, I'm immensely happy, but I might be more circumspect than I would have been in the past. it's kinda strange

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    You'll be back to fabulous by next summer, though!
  • jerber160
    Options
    does it work that way? will it go away eventually?
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    It may take longer than you'd like, but your skin will tighten back up.
    How to Tighten Loose Skin After Weight Loss
    As you lose fat and your loose skin begins to appear, the first rule is: don’t panic! Because it is a living organ, your skin will slowly return to a shape that fits your new body. But since that process can take up to two years, here are steps you can take to make your skin tighten more quickly . . . .

The rest of the article is here: http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx
  • jerber160
    Options
    thanks topper. this is gonna some very strange tan lines.....
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link Treetop...

Jerry, you look fantastic in your pics so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure a good pair of shorts will hide the worst bits.

I've always had puffy breasts - I've since learnt it's known as gynocomastia. I'm not sure whether it would ever go away, but then again I've never been below 25% body fat even when I was in my 20s.

I think I'd need a PT working me in the gym everyday to tighten up the muscles and get me down to the low levels of body fat required to get rid of all the flab.

And I was a bit depressed when I read that swimming didn't help :ohwell: and here was me thinking I was going to end up with a tonned, tight bod like Mark Spitz, Greg Louganis and Michael Phelps. :laugh: One side effect of swimming I've noticed is that my chest & arm hair has shrunk! :embarassed: Now it might be that it's more brittle although it doesn't look as if it's broken or split. I moisturise... using Palmer's cocoa butter lotion with Vit. E, collagen and elastin designed for birthing mothers to aid with stretch marks.
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have the same kind of issue *sag*... I lost weight pretty rapidly and my body/skin has not caught up. The worst part is I have no butt anymore and I still have a tummy...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have the same kind of issue *sag*... I lost weight pretty rapidly and my body/skin has not caught up. The worst part is I have no butt anymore and I still have a tummy...

Squats. Seriously. Squats perk your butt waaaay up, its fantastic. Squat progressively heavy weight - my husband's is significantly better and its only been about 2-3 weeks.
  • jerber160
    Options

Squats. Seriously. Squats perk your butt waaaay up, its fantastic. Squat progressively heavy weight - my husband's is significantly better and its only been about 2-3 weeks.
    squatting ain't happening-specially with weight. knees won' take it....
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options

squatting ain't happening-specially with weight. knees won' take it....

I'll ask PT about some kind of squat - for a while I was trying to do one using rolling the big ball against a wall. but it was hard on my back. I'm somewhat 'damaged' and limited in what I can or should do. I can't get agreement from the Doctors on even doing a even little bit of jogging...
  • MrPC81
    MrPC81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Compression garments can also help, but the big factor is time. Give it a year before you even think about surgery, preferably two years.