Where are you?!?!

Options
Hey Group,

Just wanted to check in with everyone!!! How are your workout programs going? The group is only as good as the activity of its members. Lets support each other on this fitness journey.

I'm getting ready to start week 6 of Insanity! Only 3 to go! Yes!!!!

So where are you with your program!?

Replies

• sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Chalean Extreme and waiting for TurboFire to arrive any day. Can't wait to start it and see results.

Good work on Insanity. One day I want to complete Insanity, but it scares the crap it of me. Haha. Maybe after I successfully complete TF I will have the courage to try Insanity. :)
  • AKartes11
    AKartes11 Posts: 30
    Options
    Day 20 of insanity!! Today was my last day of week 3 and tomorrow is rest day! Can't wait to get to month 2!! I have only lost 2 lbs but I can see the definition in my legs and abs so far!! Loving it! Not sure what I'm going to do after insanity... Maybe asylum... Anyone done that yet?
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

This is my first post here, but I am (was) a Beachbody veteran. I just got out of a bad relationship, during which I let myself go pretty badly. I'm dusting off Chalean Extreme and TurboFire and I'm ready to get fit again! I'm just about to log into WOWY to do my first hybrid workout, and I"m pretty nervous. I am definitely NOT in great shape, so I'm expecting the first few weeks to be tough.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here soon!
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first recovery week of p90x classic today. Tomorrow, it's back to the really hard stuff.

Still pressing play, but loosing my momentum. First few weeks I felt AMAZING. Tons of energy, pumped to get going every morning. All the sudden, by the end of week 3 until now my body feels achy and tired, and I feel tired myself.

Ugh. Going to keep on keeping on, and keep hoping my energy will come back to me!
  • Emme1980
    Emme1980 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm starting Insanity month 2 tomorrow & currently following a half marathon training programme.
    I haven't lost any weight but lost inches.
    Im supposed to be eating 2118 Kcals per day just doing insanity but only managing 1200-1500 per day.
    I'm alittle worried about eating that many as I don't want to gain weight and desperately want to see scales move down!
    I think I would struggle finding time to eat all that.
    Has anyone lost weight by eating their recommended Insanity Kcal intake?
  • themehgetarian
    themehgetarian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Emme,

If you're training for a half-marathon AND doing Insanity, it might be possible you're forcing your body into starvation mode with so few calories. I know it's scary to go over what we're used to, calorie-wise, but 1200-1500 is pretty moderate even for sedentary people. If you're overtraining on no fuel your body is likely trying to hold on to whatever fat it can to keep nourished, so your weight loss will slow and even stall out pretty soon. I know it's hard amping up the calories, but if you can add in like a protein shake or something low-carb and high fat or protein, that'll help somewhat. Maybe you can experiment with different calorie levels and see how each makes you feel and lose weight.

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing!
  • Emme1980
    Options
    Hi rinshillier,
    I haven't managed to eat what I was hoping for today again!
    I need to organise myself more & swap long evening runs for short ones as when I get home Im normally feeling sick or just not hungry.
    It's usually too late to eat all the calories I'm supposed to by the time I get home.
    I'm not sure of how many calories to save to have a weight loss each week.
    I've lost inches & toned but would like to see a weight loss.
    I'm going to up my calories this week and see how I go.
    Are you doing insanity?
    Good luck with your weight loss this week. :-)
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Emme,

Are you taking a protein shake? You know shakeology is low calorie, nutrient rich! If you're toning and losing inches, I wouldn't be terribly concerned with the numbers on the scale. You know muscle weighs more than fat. So you may be burning fat, but building muscle. I didn't see the weightloss when I first started doing Insanity, which I've heard before. Is your body LOOKING the way you want it to or are you solely looking at the scale?

kim
  • AmberCarroll207
    Options
    Hi everyone, im new to this group. Today was day 22 of Insanity for me. Ive only lost 6lbs, 2in off my hips, and 3in off my waist. I was hoping for more. It gets a lil unmotivating when i dont see a big difference on the scale when im killing my body. I do see a difference in my legs and muscles tho. I was just wondering about others results and if its normal not to see a big loss. Also my calves are KILLING me, the right more than the other. I eat from 1300-1400 calories a day. I really hope to loose 20lbs with Insanity.
  • Emme1980
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    Thanks for the advice.
    I've just started taking protein shakes and this week upping my calorie intake to see if that makes a difference to weight loss.
    I'm seeing good results with Insanity but still stuck in the mind set that if the scales aren't going down I'm not losing.
    I know muscle weighs more than fat it's just frustrating to still be same weight for last 3 weeks.
    I guess i just need to stop being impatient! Lol :-)
  • JenniferMai2
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of Week 4 with P90x! I have lost 3 lbs so far.
  • JenniferMai2
    Options
    Hey Amber Carroll2, I did Insanity a while back and I saw that I lost more in the 2nd month. Keep your head up, your doing great!
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    @Emme, yes, be patient
    @Amber, I do believe more results come in month 2. I inboxed you more info. Just stick with it!
    @Jennifer - are you enjoying P90X? Are you seeing changes in your body other than weight? Do you feel like by the end you'll be super ripped?
  • AmberCarroll207
    Options
    Thanks guys! Im half way thru. Ive lost 6lbs. and 4inches off both my hips and waist im pretty proud of myself. Would post a pic but not too sure how to! :)
  • Sky03
    Sky03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    About to start insanity. Am I supposed to do it everyday? Or rest?