What is your dream "ride" trip

Options
I started riding bikes in Alaska (Kodiak Island) and it was incredible. We have driven the ALCAN highway 3 times (in 4 wheels) - before it was paved. I retire in 2 more years and my dream is to pack up the bikes and head out to Alaska. That will be from florida to alaska - a little over 7000 miles one way. What is your dream ride?

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    My dream trip?

Ireland & Scotland on a sporty touring bike like a Triumph Tiger, BMW GS, Ducati Multistrada or similar. I would love for it to be a month-long adventure of exploring the countryside and staying at castles turned into B&Bs.

JM
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    My dream trip?

Ireland & Scotland on a sporty touring bike like a Triumph Tiger, BMW GS, Ducati Multistrada or similar. I would love for it to be a month-long adventure of exploring the countryside and staying at castles turned into B&Bs.

JM
    that would be awesome
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Been on a lot of rides over the past 40 years. Santa Monica to Chicago and back on Route 66 was the longest. Been all over the western half of the US.

Got a couple rides planned this year.

I hope to retire in 5 to 10 years, depending on the economy. Plan to make a trip to Florida across the interior of the country and then follow the coastline back to the West when I do. That'll probably be my last hurrah. Then it will just be short trips during retirement.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm up here in Western New York - I want to do the route 66 ride some day, always wanted to do that. I've gone from here to Daytona, Kentucky, Sturgis and Montreal. I've covered most of the east coast at some time or another.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My dream trip?

JM

That would really be amazing.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I'm up here in Western New York - I want to do the route 66 ride some day, always wanted to do that. I've gone from here to Daytona, Kentucky, Sturgis and Montreal. I've covered most of the east coast at some time or another.

I've always wanted to do the 66 ride. A friend of mine did it this previous Fall - said it was amazing. She went with a group, the company supplied the ride, the motels etc... all you needed was your spending money. I think I would rather ride my own bike, not a rented one, but it is an option
  • PJ901
    PJ901 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a ride around Lake Superior all planned out and then life got in the way again and I had to put it off for a little bit. I hope to retire in about 7 years and then take the time I need to make some of these runs.

18499363.png
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had a ride around Lake Superior all planned out and then life got in the way again and I had to put it off for a little bit. I hope to retire in about 7 years and then take the time I need to make some of these runs.

18499363.png
    I'v rode around it that is a great ride you will love it
  • DanTheRunningMan
    Options
    Seattle to Key West via the California coast, desert southwest, and deep south. Up through Georgia and the Carolinas and hook up with an old buddy in D.C. Ride together to Nova Scotia (an idea we hatched when we both read The Shipping News). On the way back, part ways at the Canadian border and I'd come home via the Trans-Can.

Wouldn't it be the bomb to have 6 or 8 weeks just to cruise?