How much horsepower have you gained?

Options
600racer
600racer Posts: 149 Member
As a general rule of thumb, for every 7lbs you lose is the same as adding 1 HP to your bike for free! Im up about 1hp since I last rode and 5 hp from my heaviest. Just another benifit of losing weight!:wink:

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    As a general rule of thumb, for every 7lbs you lose is the same as adding 1 HP to your bike for free! Im up about 1hp since I last rode and 5 hp from my heaviest. Just another benifit of losing weight!:wink:

LOL 4.5 here...you did the math!

=D
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    about 3 HP, that's a decent gain ;-)
  • danapellerin
    danapellerin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm up 2 HP!
  • cino2684
    cino2684 Posts: 26
    Options
    Same 2 HP...definately not enough!
  • alisonst76
    Options
    HP ftw

that's one thing I don't need any more of

433lbs 162hp Stock

One hundred mph arrives before the 13,000-rpm redline—in first gear. Shift into second at triple digits and a practiced throttle hand can lift the front Dunlop for obscene distances. The 10R covers a quarter-mile in less time than it takes to read this sentence, and it punishes incompetence, impudence and stupidity even more quickly. Too much throttle, almost anywhere, and it'll stick you in the ground like a golf tee.

:bigsmile:

Read more: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/2004_kawasaki_zx_10r_ninja/index.html#ixzz1rYcmadms

my husband's bike has race cams and when it is race mapped he gets 181 hp at the rear wheel (he also only gets about 10mpg with that set up)
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Thats awesome - never even thought of it. I've gained 2HP!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Guess I've gained about 3 HP and plan to gain about 6 more HP by next year.

Don't know what I will do with it, though, got as much HP as I need now.

Almost 58 and you know what they say? "There are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are few old, bold bikers."
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sweet, I have gained 5 and a bit just in time for a big group ride this sunday.
    I have another 10 or more to find.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    6.5 here
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've gained 10 hp since starting MFP! Woo Hoo!