Tracking Calories Burned

Options
How do you all track the calories you burn? Do you all use a Heart Rate monitor, if so which one?

I want to make sure I'm getting a some what accurate count on the calories I'm burning so that I can put it into MFP.

Thanks!

Replies

• IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased a HRM about 6 weeks into the program. I'm so happy I did. I went to Sports Authority and bought a Polar FT4. I like it a lot. I haven't had any problems with it.

I think you can get HRM's for less on Amazon, but I wanted mine right away so I paid a little extra.

I really wanted to be able to accurately see how many calories I was burning during my workouts. That way if I was burning little calories, it would motivate me to work harder.
  • ReGina1985
    Options
    Thats the one I was looking at on Amazon, I may have to get one! I get free 2 day shipping and being that I live right next to a Amazon Hub, sometimes it comes within a day if it's being shipped form there.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7. I love it, it makes working out seem sort of like a video game :)
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I also use the Polar FT7.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ive got a polar FT4 and think its wonderful!
  • ReGina1985
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll be getting one within the next few weeks. :)
  • ldukes52487
    ldukes52487 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh man, every time I go to work out that's what I look forward to my FT7 the most. It was like a new toy... probably the best thing I'd purchased this year.
  • beveegee
    beveegee Posts: 4
    Options
    I love the Polar FT7. I push a lot harder when I wear it. :)
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 and really love it!