Marmite - I love it!

Options

Replies

• mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like Marmite with cheese + salad, yummy.

When I was a kid I used to like Marmite + Peanut Butter sandwiches.

One of my girls takes packed lunch to school and has same sandwich every day... Marmite!
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Marmite lovers winning by 14 - 6 (not counting the cats, partners and children!)
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Love it, there is a marmite running vest i will be wearing in the summer, as soon as its warm again!
  • lilsaph
    lilsaph Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like Marmite with cheese + salad, yummy.

When I was a kid I used to like Marmite + Peanut Butter sandwiches.

One of my girls takes packed lunch to school and has same sandwich every day... Marmite!

Mmmmmmmmm Martmite and cheese toastie or Peanut butter and marmite on toast - so good!!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Yucky! Vegemite all the way.

I tried that while I was in Australia, have to say, I prefer Marmite!!
  • mrsrice86
    mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hater!! Can't stand the stuff. :sick:
  • a_robinson86
    a_robinson86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it but now I love it! Can't get enough of it! :happy:
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    love it, cat loves it, hubby loathes it - up the marmite!
  • Tudrase
    Options
    Absolutely love it! Spread it on thick :-) especially on oatcakes with cottage cheese on top
  • kit8kat
    kit8kat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it! Spread it on thick :-) especially on oatcakes with cottage cheese on top

That sounds nice.

I like mine on toasted crumpets with butter - yum!
  • RatRace675
    RatRace675 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've always adored Marmite! I stopped eating it last year though when I found out it was owned by Unilver. I eat Natex now. It's good, but Marmite is in a class of it's own.
  • Darklight464
    Darklight464 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love it - hubby hates it - so i get the jar all to myself. Oh and I have marmite & peanut butter on rivita as one of my snacks everyday! Great for the protein count when you are working out and recommended by my pt!!
  • Potsandpansies
    Options
    Love it! My favourite sandwich is Philadelphia cheese, spread thinly with marmite and topped with sliced tomato. Sheer heaven, and pretty low cal too!
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think that is 24 - 7 to the Marmite lovers, though point taken about the Unilever connection. Some great ideas for healthy snacks there - which I will try - though not the peanut butter ones, as I can't stand peanut butter. Like having it on crumpets, too! I always add a knob of Marmite to gravy and stews, too, as it darkens it, as well as giving a great flavour - even marmite haters don't detect it!
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love it! My favourite sandwich is Philadelphia cheese, spread thinly with marmite and topped with sliced tomato. Sheer heaven, and pretty low cal too!

OMG this sounds like heaven..i have GOT to try this !! Thanks :smile:

Love the stuff...add it to my Quorn mince for spaghetti bolognese..Luvely Jubbley.
  • shaydini
    shaydini Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Marmite on soldiers with a boiled egg is one of my guilty pleasures.....shame I'm trying to cut down on the bread, and the eggs...just pass me a spoon!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :heart: it.

I am also a thin spreader. I like it to end up a brown mess on my toast when it mixes up with the butter.
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This post has made me bring my pot of marmite to work today.. so marmite and philadelphia spread rice cakes it is.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thick spreader - and love it, thick home-made bread, half a ton of butter.......mmmmmmmmmmm..........

Aah... you are giving me cravings...
  • marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like it so much I named myself after it :-) I love an illicit finger scoop from the jar but yummiest on crumpets with butter or on freshly toasted bread when you peel the top layer of the bread off to eat separately. Freaky but true *looks slightly bashful*