Shoe size and where do you shop??

Options
Hello, you beautiful, tall women!!

I am 5'11, and once upon a time (before babies), I wore a size 11 shoe. Not the easiest size to find, but still do-able. Since my pregnancies, I am now wearing a 12.5 to 13. Not cool. Since I gained weight with each pregnancy - I haven't bothered trying to find cute shoes...however, now that I am losing weight and feeling better about myself, I want cute shoes!!

So, out of curiosity, what size shoe do you wear, and where do you shop?? Do you have a favorite store/online site for cute/sexy shoes??

Replies

• megsybk
    megsybk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wear a 13... I shop at Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack in the store. Payless also usually carries 13s, but they're so cheap, I can't get shoes from there anymore. Online, 6pm (although they don't have a lot of cute shoes to pick from), Zappos, and barefoottess are the other websites I go to!

I hope that helps!! I can't stand it when people who wear 10s or 11s complain! They don't know what us girls in 13s have to deal with!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    I wear, depending on brand and style, from a size 11 to a size 13.5 (usually a size 12.5 wide because I love Asics, but I also have a 11.5 wide New Balance that's quite comfortable). I've never seen any quality shoes larger than a size 12 in stores, but I am mainly an interweb shopper anyway. Megs mentioned 6pm.com, and that happens to be from where I get most of my shoes. I won't wear heels either because most of the formal shoes I find I need to have like a size 13 - 13.5 wide and it's effing impossible to find decent styles. I'm also self-conscious of my height though so it makes it easier for me to not care about not being able to find heels. :smile:
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I have ever complained now. I wear a size 11. I go mostly to Torrid both in store and online. I know they carry 12's, but not sure if they carry 13's. They do have wide widths too. And I recently found tennis shoes on zappos too, also in wide width.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i wear a 12. mostly i use Payless and Torrid. and funkypairs.com is great for FMH. *nods*
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 8.5. Am I the only tall woman in the world with this size foot??? It looks a little odd in pictures..
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 8.5. Am I the only tall woman in the world with this size foot??? It looks a little odd in pictures..

hahah yes you are!

no, you arent... my friend is about 6'1 and she wears a size 9... and I always make fun of her for it. I just dont understand how she doesnt topple over... no stability on those baby feet! :O)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

one of my besties is taller than me and wears an 8. me? i need a firm foundation for this frame.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    DSW has a section for 11 and 12's.