APRIL MOTIVATION FOR THE APRIL HOUR CHALLENGE

Options
Jamie65toloose
Jamie65toloose Posts: 164 Member
Hello everyone. Looking at the spreadsheet, I feel everyone is on track and can really get this done. I am a little behind, which is funny because I feel like I workout forever, lol. Since I didnt account for my rest day (Sundays), I need to do a little bit more each day. This weekend, I am leaving town and will be out for a family get together camping trip. I am bringing only healthy foods for me to eat, but I am worried about the exercise part of it. I am just going to try to walk 2 hours each day while I am there, then hit the gym on my rest day, since I dont think of walking being an intense exercise.

We can do this. Planning ahead for things like this is key. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it all. I felt so energized yesterday after my rest day, all I wanted to do was KEEP MOVING! Thats the daily advice I will put on here. WHATEVER EXERCISE YOU WANT TO DO,,,,,JUST DO IT,.....MOVE MORE!

That is the whole point of this challenge. Its shown that people who move more, lose more. I want to be one of those people....DO YOU?

Replies

• lexytay
    lexytay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You will do great....because you WANT this :) I have several trips planned soon. I'm gonna stay motivated and plan well. I started my exercise routine with just simple walks, and now I'm working on the C25K program. You are right....we all need to MOVE MORE!!! You do a great job encouraging others and I hope we do the same for you!! Keep it up girl :)
  • norzip
    norzip Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am a little behind from my darn calf last week but trying to pick it up again this week. That is exactly why these challanges are so good.. they help us still do what we need to while we are on a trip. Let's keep moving!!! Have fun on your camping trip.. and don't forget to move.. You do so awesome you won't have any problems!!!
  • Back2BeingHealthy
    Back2BeingHealthy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a little behind from my darn calf last week but trying to pick it up again this week. That is exactly why these challanges are so good.. they help us still do what we need to while we are on a trip. Let's keep moving!!! Have fun on your camping trip.. and don't forget to move.. You do so awesome you won't have any problems!!!

Norzip,

Sorry to hear about your calf injury. Hang in there: I slightly injured my knee yesterday and doing my best to work through it.

I've been doing this 30-day shred DVD with Jillian, and she made a good point that I'll share with you. Can you do arm pumps? She 'barks" (all good) throughout the 20-minute workout and I recall her suggesting that one 'with lower body injuries' can do these arm pumps as cardio to get your heartrate up. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm

Good luck! Rest up and you can catch up when healthy.
    Michele

10119552.png
  • tabarrett0261
    tabarrett0261 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'll have to do some arm pumps too. My knee is a little sore after Zumba last night!

So today is the 10th. That means we have 21 days left of April, including today. I have 22 hours left of the 30 hours I chose to do. That means I need to catch up tonight. I think I will do my Zumba and then do my exercise ball video and see what that is all about, maybe some yoga too. Marathon exercising tonight! That way I will be caught up! Too cold to rake here in Minnesota so my yard will have to wait. Woke up this morning to 29 degrees! YUCK!
  • norzip
    norzip Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Norzip,

Sorry to hear about your calf injury. Hang in there: I slightly injured my knee yesterday and doing my best to work through it.

I've been doing this 30-day shred DVD with Jillian, and she made a good point that I'll share with you. Can you do arm pumps? She 'barks" (all good) throughout the 20-minute workout and I recall her suggesting that one 'with lower body injuries' can do these arm pumps as cardio to get your heartrate up. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm

Good luck! Rest up and you can catch up when healthy.
    Michele

Thanks Michele.. I got 3 miles in today and 30DS.. So calf holding up my fat butt to exercise.. LOL
  • Back2BeingHealthy
    Options
    Thanks Michele.. I got 3 miles in today and 30DS.. So calf holding up my fat butt to exercise.. LOL

Norzip,

What is it about a woman's butt? I know I have the same thing: this behind of mine is a tough one to tone and lose! haha

And Tracy? You're right... 19 more days... we got this girl! :bigsmile:
    --Michele

10119552.png
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well with this sickne ss (virus) I need to work out at least 1 1/2 hours everyday now until the end of this challenge.......hope I can make it...........
  • Back2BeingHealthy
    Options
    Well with this sickne ss (virus) I need to work out at least 1 1/2 hours everyday now until the end of this challenge.......hope I can make it...........

Chel,

How are you feeling? Hope you were able to recover and get in some good workouts!

9 days, 9 days, 9 days!
    Michele

10119552.png