What Inspires You?

Options
I mostly create based on my feelings. I don't often see something and re-create it in my own terms.

What about you?

Replies

• galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I really vary throughout different themes. I'll find something that captures my interest and that's what I am inspired by.

I quite like the unknown, or things that we know very little about, such as space and the ocean. I also really like very strong cultural art - places like India and Mexico and etc..
  • kt4ever
    Options
    My inspiration is my beloved daughter. Most of my recent sculptures have been done from memory and help me express my feelings about her death. About a year or 2 after her death I did a three quarter life size bronze of her sitting in the garden reading one of her precious books. Most recently I did a bronze of her as a child holding her teddy bear and reading a book to the bear and our yellow lab Cinderella. When I finish the Patina I plan to donate it to the library Katie loved.

On a professional level I enjoy making functional stoneware and porcelain pottery.
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Photography is my creative outlit :smokin: I am still learning and discovering new things.

The unusual and hidden abstracts in landscape :glasses: Like below:

[img][/img]5279017710_11d79cd72d_t.jpg
    decubitus by lbccphotomom, on Flickr

I also like to create odd protraiture with a sense of whimsy and the unreal :noway:

And object can inspire me to create. Photo below a broken fishing rod:

anglersyarn.jpg
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I create things based on books & songs most of the time.. At least ones that I relate to on an emotional level.
    Colors, shapes, textures, everything really inspires me..
    I see things differently I suppose.
    Most of the time the stuff I make doesn't make sense to people who aren't in some way artistic.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Generally, it's mainly emotion from me, but I can get the same amount of inspiration just sitting amidst nature for awhile. Emotion and nature are my main two, but it can occur at any point or time for me. Even a daydream.:bigsmile:
  • VeggyGal
    VeggyGal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Recently I try to draw and paint things for my sweetheart like flowers and incorporate poems in some and dancing. I also got into these motivational pieces with words I like or find inspiring.
  • skp3721
    skp3721 Posts: 3
    Options
    Nature always inspires me. All of the trees, flowers, and animals. Sometimes my emotions inspire me.
  • OutOfBreath
    OutOfBreath Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lately it will be something random in a conversation with a friend or family member that I'm like "I have to draw that!".
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Stories inspire me :), nature inspires me :)

When I am sad I am immobile find it very difficult to work from such a place. ( my downfall, & busy with crap).

Changing that from now on............Sunday 24 May 2015...............
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Science inspires me, especially evolutionary biology. As Charles Darwin said "from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved."