GF Tailgating

Options
kaetmarie
kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
Hey Everyone,
So baseball season is rapidly approaching and I will be anxiously waiting the start of my Pirate's first game in the parking lots outside of PNC Park. I absolutely love to tailgate, but have not done it since finding out about my allergy to gluten.

Just wondering if anyone had any easy gluten-free tailgate recipes or ideas that they would be willing to share. We're going to have a grill -- but anything that can be pre-made will be peferable. THANKS!!!

Let's go Bucs!

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Any meat you can grill up! I LOVE kabobs. Veggies and Chicken or veggies and Shrimp..Yumm.

Grille up pizzas (rudis has frozen small pizza crusts) Add anything to them..

Taco bar..
  • TripMom
    TripMom Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Udi's has gluten free hot dog and hamburger buns. Haven't tried them yet...but in my freezer!
    Hope that helps.
    TripMom
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Udi's has gluten free hot dog and hamburger buns. Haven't tried them yet...but in my freezer!
    Hope that helps.
    TripMom

They are actually great. They taste good, and they don't have that graininess to them.
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Heyyy another Pirates fan!! Hello there!

I love tailgating too! Some ideas: Hummus with gluten free dippers ( veggies, blue diamond nut thins, corn tortilla chips) chips and salsa, sausage and peppers (watch the sauce) tacos with corn tortillas, pulled chicken/pork (watch the sauces, gf buns)
    wine, liquor.. pieces of grilled chicken with corn on the cob..
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have nothing useful to contribute other than to say I was incredibly confused by this because where I come from tailgating is when you drive dangerously close behind the car in front.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    It refers to a sort of picnic or bbq off the tailgate of your truck in the parking lot of a big sports event.
    I have nothing useful to contribute other than to say I was incredibly confused by this because where I come from tailgating is when you drive dangerously close behind the car in front.
  • AllsmilesMom
    AllsmilesMom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad is always good!
    Pre-popped popcorn
    Watermelon triangles
  • starr326
    starr326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • starr326
    starr326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Oh good, so it wasn't only me then! :wink: