It is the start of the week....y'all know what this is :)

Options
Hey everyone!
Welcome newbies!
How was your last week's workout? Did you meet your goals?
I did pretty well on mine...until Thursday when I slept through my workout-I think getting back to early morning training might be harder than I thought-and then my hip started bothering me so I have been walking gently, but still moving!
I hope all of you are doing well-enjoying Easter and Passover weekend! Did you know it is the first time in 20 years since the two holidays were celebrated at the same time?
Yup...
Anyhoo!
What are your goals this week?
How are you all healing up?
I hope to do the following:
Monday: Bike ride (first time with the onboard machine - again - fun!)
Tuesday: swim am; run pm (43 minutes)
Wednesday: spin am
Thursday: swim am; run pm (43 minutes)
Friday: spin am?/yoga pm
Saturday: Day off
Sunday: Brick: Bike, run interval (increasing within the run (30 second sprints every 4.5 minutes of jobbing), 30 minutes), bike
What are your goals?
Have a great week everyone!

Replies

• aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good with last week's workouts. My boyfriend signed us up for a month's worth of CrossFit so we started that last week.... S. O. R. E. but I actually found that once I could actually move my legs again getting in the pool and swimming helped with the soreness. Thanks everyone for the swimming advice, after being in the pool this week I have noticed I actually am getting better at it! YAY! :bigsmile:

In other news, got the new bike back from a tune up the shop. I'm borrowing a nice road bike from my boyfriend's mother that she doesn't use. SUPER EXCITED!! Interestingly enough this one has aero bars (I think that's what their called) on it... never used those before... I can't wait to take it out for a ride!!

This week:
    Monday - Run AM, Swim PM
    Tuesday - Swim PM (possibly... father going into the hospital)
    Wednesday - CrossFit... taking bike back to shop to get it fit to me! :-)
    Thursday - REST
    Friday - Bike/Run Brick
    Saturday - 20-30mi Bike
    Sunday - CrossFit
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did better than expected last week, but then failed miserably when at the parents for Easter.. but oh well!

Monday - Strength, 5- 10 mile bike
    Tuesday - 1 mile interval + Zumba
    Wednesday - Fusion Class (strength) + 800 yard swim
    Thursday - 10 mile bike, 1 mile run
    Fri - 1500 yard swim
    Sat - 3 mile run (make-up from last week!!)
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Healing up nicely. We have isolated to a hip flexor strain. I had a focused deep tissue massage late last week, and the only pain I feel are the trigger points she was working on. I am still going to take it easy this week, bumping up my activity to 45 minutes a day. Thurs is my PT day, I will hopefully be able to get onto a core strengthing plan at that time.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Today marks the beginning of my full Ironman trainging. I've taken a week off since my half ironman on the first but today I get back into training.

Monday: 2500yds Swim (55 mins)
    Tuesday: 45 min Bike
    Wednesday: 1500 yds Swim, Weights and Core
    Thursday: 60 min Bike, 50 min Run
    Friday: OFF DAY
    Saturday: 120 min Bike, Weights and Core
    Sunday: 45 min Run

My plan takes into consideration that I am at a half Ironman conditioning level but still has a build up period, which will be nice after a week off.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Well since I hadn't been recovering like I wanted to I hired a coach to set up a smart training plan for me. LOL. Anyway:

Monday: 2k in the pool @ recovery pace
    Tuesday: 1:20 on the bike in Z1, 45 min run in Z1
    Wed: 35 minute easy jog, interval swim
    Thurs: Interval Run, 1:20 tempo bike
    Fri: 800 TT in the pool, 60 minute recovery ride
    Sat: off
    Sun: 2 hour ride, 25 minute Trun.
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    Good news all around *(even the Easter stuff-you are still here, that is awesome!)!
    Sounds good-overcoming your challenges and making good progress towards goals-have a great week everyone!
  • murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Monday-6.5 mile run
    Tuesday-2800 Meter swim, 45 minute run
    Wednesday-20 mile ride
    Thursday-90 minute brick
    Friday-30 min tempo run, 3000 meter swim, weights
    Saturday-120 minute ride, 20 minute run
    Sunday-90 minute run, weights
    Monday-Off