stop and go

Options
I have this problem I will start dieting and counting calories, then in 2 days I quit. I have a muscle disease and get tired. I think I use food to try and pick me up. But it is never over a week of dieting.Any ideas?

Replies

• Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    The only Ideas I have are to just be really aware that the 2 day thing is stuck in your head as something you don't go beyond.
    And spend extra time being careful to go beyond it, My stuck point is usually 4 days. I have worked to get beyond those four days. I usually get involved with the MFP community and post more. But also Realize that changing your lifestyle choices is a zig zag progression and not a straight linear line to your goal.
    Also, if this helps. I bought the fitbit this past thursday and I am using this tool to measure my progess. It's fun and interactive and so it's easing everything for me.
    Kiki:flowerforyou:
  • camper3568
    Options
    thanks, I will try to remember the zigzag thing.
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I listen to John Tesh in my car during my hour long commute to work. He's had some interesting ideas regarding food, energy, weight loss, that I am trying to incorporate in my daily routine. he recommends protein in the mornings to help energize and get you going in the mornings. He recommends water to help boost metabolism - making sure you drink enough water will boost you plus help you melt fat and give you a positive motivation for continuing - even if you don't like to exercise. He also recommends getting iron in natural forms to help boost the metabolism. I'm sometimes running low on motivation - so all of these ideas appeal to me and have actually helped keep me going. Keep posting here at MFP - I've found I am more successful when I interact than if I am a quiet lurker. John is a good researcher and has lots of good information. He has a facebook page - and also this website http://www.tesh.com/ ... Just keep coming in and talking to us every day and before you know it you'll have been at it 5, 10 15 20 days!!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    John Tesh? Funny, but I never thought of him as a motivational speaker... hmmm....
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love the zig zag thing...that is so true. The thing that is keeping me going, this time, is that I am not being so strict on the calories and going for a slow weight loss. I want to loose it all Right Now but in the past I would burn and fizzle in a short time with trying to go too fast. I'm in for life this time. This is my new way of life....not a diet. Today I have completed three weeks and I have lost 3 and 1/2 lbs. I struggle to keep myself calm with that....I want it to be 20, but I know this time next year I will be at a much better place than I am now if I keep it slow and steady.

Love the John Tesh info too.
  • Karren188
    Options
    John Tesh? Funny, but I never thought of him as a motivational speaker... hmmm....

He's really got a lot of good information - I always feel good after I listen to his show and I've put a lot of his ideas into practice.
  • nanaof43
    nanaof43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Back after gaining more pounds than ever but this time I will take it slow also ,wear an elastic around my wrist and when tempted to eat something I shouldn't.... ping to remind me of my goal
    :happy:
  • Karren188
    Options
    good for you for coming back! it's hard - but we're all pretty much in the same boat. just keep hangin in there. (hugs)
  • camper3568
    Options
    I am back again after dieting and losing 5 lbs, then going back to my old ways again. This time I need some ideas of low calorie snacks to fill me up instead of grabbing something fattening. Any ideas?