April Challenge!! Join us!! (4/8-4/14)

Options
Here we go ladies the second week of the month!

Replies

• MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    I did horrible this weekend. Starting fresh today.

Kpowever~ Logging even when you go over is huge! Congrats on that!!

Handbanana~ Sounds like you are working hard this week! :)
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I dropped another .5 lbs even though the weekend was rough. So that is good. Starting fresh today. Starting back to walking at lunch today. So that should burn some calories and boost my energy level. Have a great day!
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Clean slate today :)

Weekend was great (relaxing, family and fun) but horrible (food wise)...but I keep plugging along.

Today is a me day...I had the day off but still put my LO in daycare. I hit the gym, shopped and got a mani & pedi! I only ate breakfast so far...(oopsie) and have a ton of cals left...still not sure what in on tap for supper but I'll get something together. Calories will be counted and kept under my goal.

This week should be pretty quite so I'm looking foward to it.

Let's get this week started!!
  • JAS112
    JAS112 Posts: 7
    Options
    What is this April Challenge!? SO many people are talking about it!!!:huh:
  • KayNicoleKC
    Options
    Let's go ladies! Sending motivation your way! Since my husband and I made the decision to really dedicate ourselves to this (Easter Sunday, of all days! Usually holidays are HORRIBLE for us...), I've dropped a few pounds already! It's amazing what a little exercise, some dedicated attention to eating clean, a conscious decision to keep moving and positive attitude can do! Best thing though, I feel SO energized :)
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well over Easter weekend. I'm back at it, tracking and hit the gym today. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and upper body weights.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I did terrible over the weekend, but at least I didnt gain! Am going to work my butt off this week to make up for it!
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Okay ladies I will be honest. I have fallen off the wagon BIG time. I am struggling to get back on. It's crazy how just a few days off can really mess with you. I am going to try to get back on track tomorrow!
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Jas112~ We'd love to have you join us! We started in March with a challenge to get in exercise. This month's challenge is staying on calories! (I am struggling right now!) We have a great little group going here!!
  • K_Pow
    Options
    OMG this week has been brutal. As if Easter wasn't challenging enough it just keeps going. Hubby is preparing to go to school for the summer for a new job (dream career so this is REALLY awesome news) however ALL of his friends want to see him before he goes...which means eating out, beer and late nights. This is REALLY throwing me completely off of my game...too much food, too many beer, not enough workouts. I feel frumpy and bloated ALL the time. As much as I hate to see him go in less than 2 weeks it will probably be a good thing because I can get myself into my own routine and back on track.

But for now I'm just trying to do the best I can and take advantage of our "quiet" days....which aren't that quiet.

MeAfter30----I'm getting back on the wagon with you...Lets get back on track!
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I decided this morning that I have to focus and get all the way back on the wagon. My motivation lately has been up and down. Consequently not making much progess on the scale. Easter weekend was fun, but did not help my eating & excercise. I've eaten well this morning and heading to the gym at lunch. I have my dinner planned too. So hopefully today is better.
  • smsinger75
    Options
    Hoping everyone is doing great today! Hoping all the gals are finding their motivation and getting back on track! We are in this together! Hang in there! I have been getting my cardio in, but strength exercise has been tougher to fit in. So I need to work on that. Done pretty well with staying in calories. Although yesterday was pretty darn close. Here is to a new day!

hugs~:smile:
  • MeAfter30
    Options
    Yesterday started out good, ended not so good. I have been tired and cranky lately and that has really effected my attitude towards eating. However this morning I woke up feeling much better about everything in general. :)

Here is to a better day!
  • smsinger75
    Options
    My day started out crappy. Dealing with a daycare issue for my youngest. But my co-workers let me talk it out and now my day is looking so much brighter! I managed not to stuff my face when i was upset. I actually drank a glass of water to chill myself out. Woohoo! A few months ago it would have been a donut.
    Hopefully it will be a great day for everyone! Happy, healthy Thursday!
  • klv22kath
    klv22kath Posts: 28
    Options
    Not feeling quite as bad now that I have read other posts! I have had a brutal week too! It is like the Easter aftermath continued...I have not had the energy to get out of bed in the morning for my cardio, I am starving throughout the day and after supper. I think I managed to stay under calories once this week???!!! I am working on the last 8 pounds so a bad week just shoots me up 2-3 lbs in the wrong direction :( Those last 10lbs are tough! I feel like I have no room for any slips. Now tomorrow is Friday and then the weekend (which is ALWAYS tough). Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one struggling this week. I feel better and think if you gals can get back on track mid week, I can too.
  • K_Pow
    Options
    klv22kath - I feel like I could have written that entire post. 8-10 pounds away from my pre-baby weight (which is my 1st goal--my "baby" turned 14 months yesterday!). I survived Easter for the most part but am still sliding down a slippery slope since then. Weekends are brutal my way as well and I have my WI tomorrow...UGH!! I managed to put on my big girl panties and stayed within cals yesterday and still have quite a few left for this evening (thanks to my lovely hubby who gave me the go ahead for the gym this morning) otherwise I would have been in trouble!

Good luck with the weekend everyone!! Nicer weather forecasted for Ontario so I'm planning on taking advantage of it (as well as distracting myself away from the kitchen!!)